Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Diesel Fuel Discount Cards - EFS Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TMyers, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:14 PM.

1. TMyers

TMyers USMC 84' - 92' Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7
    I recently discovered a fuel discount program that is legit. TSD Logistics offers their normal OTR Trucker discounts to the RVer's. (If you run diesel, you are eligible.) (You have to use the truck islands so your truck has to allow the large nozzle.)

I got my EFS card in the mail last week. It's through TSD Logistics and is good at Loves, TA/Petro, Pilot, Flying J, Sapp Brothers, and Road Ranger. TSD keeps 10% of the savings for the service. I drove to Georgia Saturday and used it for the first time. Listed price was $2.69, I paid 2.19. This was at a TA in Spartanburg, SC. I wished I had a bigger tank. Diesel is $3+ where I live.

It's a "No Brainer" if you travel or have a listed truck stop near your home. I read this morning that they have over 11.7K RV cards in use as of today.

Facebook page, "TSD RV Fuel Program"
    People list similar results all over the country.

There is also a phone app called "EFS Card" that works with the program. It will show you where the best discounts are based on your location and route.

Another thing the Card offers is a $200 cash advance. If you only have one diesel fuel vehicle, let the card stay in that vehicle. If you were to lose or forget your wallet, you can get fuel and some cash to get you home.

If anyone here is considering getting the card, send me a PM before you do. They offer a referral discount.

2. bm02tj

bm02tj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I am Canadian and have been working on mine referred from FMCA
    If Canadian the only bank that I know that can open an account for non resident is BMO Harris and
    only if you have an account with BMO Canada
    I have saddles on my motor home so should be good
    Every one at FMCA reports good things

3. mtnrider

mtnrider Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Wish they posted what exactly the discount is other then "varies"? My local Loves (and other truck stop stations you listed) are so high priced it would have to be a pretty good discount to get it down to what the other local stations are charging. Typically I find them .40-.60 cents higher then the local stations in my area
    The Loves near me is $3.00 for diesel and the Kroger has it for $2.44, minus another 0.03 cents for having a kroger shopping card, so $2.41.

BossHogg and OLEJOE like this.
  4. TMyers

TMyers USMC 84' - 92' Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7
    The EFS Card App for your phone will show you exactly what you will pay. What town is the Loves in and I'll look and see what the price is today using the card? I've seen $2.09 in Ga. with the card.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 1:12 PM
  5. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    This is tempting. I often purchase 70 gallons for my main and auxiliary tank. Regular credit cards shut off a $100 unless you go insinde and have thee "open" the pump. Also, the diesel pumps at most travel plazas are hard to get to when towing a big trailer with the 50 million cars all over the place. Also, most of those islands are designed for cars.

6. bm02tj

bm02tj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    For normal PUs the regular pumps work out to be the same as the discounted price at the big truck stops
    but for me with saddles it make sense
    To a regular pick up not so much
    If you tow a large 5th wheel and need the space it is worth it

7. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    The part about linking it to my bank account makes me nervous. Their TOS does not give me much confidence that if one of their sysadmins goes rogue and drains my account that they will be liable. Also, not sure I want to tie the security of my bank account to the security of their network. I can't seem to find information on their site about a technology partner so again I don't know to whom I would be giving authorization for unlimited ACH transfers from my account and what their liability would be for misuse.

I understand the federal laws around electronic banking fraud. What the law says are your remedies for fraud and getting the remedies in practice are two very different things. Not worth the risk IMHO.

BossHogg and Gr8bawana like this.
  8. MADDOG

MADDOG Cummins Driver Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    Great info! We will be traveling more now that we are retired and this will definitely be a money saver.

Thanks for posting the info.

TMyers likes this.