Diesel Fuel Discount Cards - EFS Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I recently discovered a fuel discount program that is legit. TSD Logistics offers their normal OTR Trucker discounts to the RVer's. (If you run diesel, you are eligible.) (You have to use the truck islands so your truck has to allow the large nozzle.)

I got my EFS card in the mail last week. It's through TSD Logistics and is good at Loves, TA/Petro, Pilot, Flying J, Sapp Brothers, and Road Ranger. TSD keeps 10% of the savings for the service. I drove to Georgia Saturday and used it for the first time. Listed price was $2.69, I paid 2.19. This was at a TA in Spartanburg, SC. I wished I had a bigger tank. Diesel is $3+ where I live.

It's a "No Brainer" if you travel or have a listed truck stop near your home. I read this morning that they have over 11.7K RV cards in use as of today.

Facebook page, "TSD RV Fuel Program"
People list similar results all over the country.

There is also a phone app called "EFS Card" that works with the program. It will show you where the best discounts are based on your location and route.

Another thing the Card offers is a $200 cash advance. If you only have one diesel fuel vehicle, let the card stay in that vehicle. If you were to lose or forget your wallet, you can get fuel and some cash to get you home.

If anyone here is considering getting the card, send me a PM before you do. They offer a referral discount.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am Canadian and have been working on mine referred from FMCA
If Canadian the only bank that I know that can open an account for non resident is BMO Harris and
only if you have an account with BMO Canada
I have saddles on my motor home so should be good
Every one at FMCA reports good things

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wish they posted what exactly the discount is other then "varies"? My local Loves (and other truck stop stations you listed) are so high priced it would have to be a pretty good discount to get it down to what the other local stations are charging. Typically I find them .40-.60 cents higher then the local stations in my area
The Loves near me is $3.00 for diesel and the Kroger has it for $2.44, minus another 0.03 cents for having a kroger shopping card, so $2.41.

OP
OP
TMyers

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wish they posted what exactly the discount is other then "varies"? My local Loves (and other truck stop stations you listed) are so high priced it would have to be a pretty good discount to get it down to what the other local stations are charging. Typically I find them .40-.60 cents higher then the local stations in my area
The Loves near me is $3.00 for diesel and the Kroger has it for $2.44, minus another 0.03 cents for having a kroger shopping card, so $2.41.

The EFS Card App for your phone will show you exactly what you will pay. What town is the Loves in and I'll look and see what the price is today using the card? I've seen $2.09 in Ga. with the card.

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
This is tempting. I often purchase 70 gallons for my main and auxiliary tank. Regular credit cards shut off a $100 unless you go insinde and have thee "open" the pump. Also, the diesel pumps at most travel plazas are hard to get to when towing a big trailer with the 50 million cars all over the place. Also, most of those islands are designed for cars.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For normal PUs the regular pumps work out to be the same as the discounted price at the big truck stops
but for me with saddles it make sense
To a regular pick up not so much
If you tow a large 5th wheel and need the space it is worth it

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The part about linking it to my bank account makes me nervous. Their TOS does not give me much confidence that if one of their sysadmins goes rogue and drains my account that they will be liable. Also, not sure I want to tie the security of my bank account to the security of their network. I can't seem to find information on their site about a technology partner so again I don't know to whom I would be giving authorization for unlimited ACH transfers from my account and what their liability would be for misuse.

I understand the federal laws around electronic banking fraud. What the law says are your remedies for fraud and getting the remedies in practice are two very different things. Not worth the risk IMHO.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great info! We will be traveling more now that we are retired and this will definitely be a money saver.

Thanks for posting the info.

Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had a problem using the larger faster filling nozzles for semi’s when using the card since you can only go to the semi side of the station. I have a 18 2500 and not sure if it has the larger hole for the semi nozzles

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
The part about linking it to my bank account makes me nervous. Their TOS does not give me much confidence that if one of their sysadmins goes rogue and drains my account that they will be liable. Also, not sure I want to tie the security of my bank account to the security of their network. I can't seem to find information on their site about a technology partner so again I don't know to whom I would be giving authorization for unlimited ACH transfers from my account and what their liability would be for misuse.

I understand the federal laws around electronic banking fraud. What the law says are your remedies for fraud and getting the remedies in practice are two very different things. Not worth the risk IMHO.

A simple solution is just open a separate banking account and use it for linking the card. I don’t give out my core account number for security reasons either.

I’ve been using TSD’s program for several years and it’s saved me a bunch of money. And even when the price is equivalent, it beats going into retail gas stations with an RV. Truckers are mostly professional and considerate. Car drivers are more often than not brain dead or passive aggressive. They’ll park at the pump and eat lunch while others are waiting.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Has anyone had a problem using the larger faster filling nozzles for semi’s when using the card since you can only go to the semi side of the station. I have a 18 2500 and not sure if it has the larger hole for the semi nozzles

Yup it does, I use it whenever I can. Makes a fillup helluva lot faster!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i am working, i sometimes drive 400 to 800 miles a day.
Needless to say, i go through a lot of Diesel

I stopped using Truck Stops that no longer have #2 diesel in their tanks

I don't go to a Fueling Station that has Biodiesel in the tanks

It tends to mess up the fuel filters much faster

It is getting harder to find a service station that sells #2 diesel, but i will continue looking for it

RamItFaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins

We're all good. I use truck stops in Oregon because it allows me to pump my own fuel. Nozzle fits just fine. I myself drive the '18 2500 Tradesman