Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
agree, the autostop eliminator is amazing, have one on my GC and LOVE it.

Kart20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it's amazing how the auto makers keep adding functions and features to modern vehicles and then consumers ways to eliminate or bypass those features.

I suppose most of the reason why this happens is due to standards and requirements imposed by government regulations.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I think it's amazing how the auto makers keep adding functions and features to modern vehicles and then consumers ways to eliminate or bypass those features.

I suppose most of the reason why this happens is due to standards and requirements imposed by government regulations.
yup, and we always find away NOT to abide LOL

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge cant even build truck that dont tick. This is just more garbage that will cost hundreds to fix down the road.

Buy a bare bones base model. less **** that will go wrong.

Tripper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just more stuff to repair right after it goes out of warranty. No thanks!

mikeru

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just more stuff to repair right after it goes out of warranty. No thanks!
That's definitely true. I normally don't keep my vehicles beyond the factory warranty, but I'm considering keeping this truck longer as long as it doesn't start falling apart. I'll be looking into getting a Mopar extended warranty if I decide to keep it, to cover things like this.

Gregory McKinley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Huh. Must be you have the quiet muffler.

Ain't no way I wouldn't be able to tell my truck shut off, even if I were wearing earplugs!
Nope, Most of the time I have my stereo cranked up with some 5 Finger Death Punch Jamming.. LMAO

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
That's definitely true. I normally don't keep my vehicles beyond the factory warranty, but I'm considering keeping this truck longer as long as it doesn't start falling apart. I'll be looking into getting a Mopar extended warranty if I decide to keep it, to cover things like this.
I'm pretty sure the etorque components (motor/generator and battery) are covered for 8 years based on the emissions system requirements. Doesn't matter since I bought the 8 year extended anyway.

mikeru

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm pretty sure the etorque components (motor/generator and battery) are covered for 8 years based on the emissions system requirements. Doesn't matter since I bought the 8 year extended anyway.
You're right. I guess my response was poorly worded. My reason for thinking about an extended warranty is more for covering things that are no longer covered after the original warranty expires, even though I might have indicated it was for the etorque components. Sorry for the confusion.