Difference in storage bucket vs bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So would you say roomier with the bench but less storage? I've always had the console in my rams but have a bench seat in my 66 Buick and I do love being able to relax in that, whereas my truck is always more of a bolstered driving position.
I would agree but by a small margin in both areas. I'd guess the storage is 3/4 of what you get with the center console so it's not way off. I can't imagine stuffing all of these spaces full of **** in my bench seat. I haven't even tapped the top glove box yet, lol....or the under floor storage....or under the back seat....oh, holy ****! This things got a bed too! I like the bench set up personally for the extra seat it offers. It would be awesome if that center seat was adjustable for more leg room since the back is the size of my first house and my 8 year old son must be sneaking steroids and preservatives when I'm not looking.

xFURIOUSJONESx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Got the bench seat with fold down console. It’s plenty big enough. I don’t have additional storage under the center seat though.

2018 quad cab express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leif_Ram2017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s a photo of when I first picked it up. Maybe you can zoom in on what you are referring to ?291e9633ea437159a7de3faea021dadc.jpgc43be0af0d647db0ee938147aa719b24.jpg

The only problem I see is 3 -> 2 cup holders. But otherwise pretty sweet. I just ordered mine and I went with the 40/20/40 option. I went this route for all the reason already listed... plus nostalgia. The "Bench" and open space reminds me of my Dad's truck when I was a kid getting a ride to school.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sweet, now for me cup holders will not be an issue. I don’t drink coffee and my bottle of water fits easily in the door pocket next to me. Really love the option of having separation from my passenger if I want, or extra thigh room by lifting it up.