Differences between Sports appearance package ( in Black) VS . Black Appearance Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
I’m trying to figure out the difference between the sports appearance package (in black) for $ 1995 and the Black appearance package for a thousand more ($2995). The differences I see are the emblems are blacked out on the black appearance package. It seem as if a different wheel (22”) was included in the price of the Black Appearance Package , but now this wheel is price separately from the black package on Ram site . Am I missing something? Can the blacked out grill/hood/ and tailgate emblems really account for the 1K price difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the sport version is Canada only for 5th gens

OP
OP
D

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
I think the sport version is Canada only for 5th gens

No, the Sports appearance package IS an option on Bighorn and Laramie 5th gen trucks.... different from than the RAM 1500 sport Trim offered in Canada.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just as an inquiry, what do the Canadians get with a Sport that we do not please ?

OP
OP
D

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
Just as an inquiry, what do the Canadians get with a Sport that we do not please ?

Meant, in Canada, it appears you have a separate Ram SPORT trim level... Tradesman. Bighorn, Sport, Laramie Longhorn..... vs the “sports package “ here in the US that is available on several Trim levels.... you can get the ‘sports package’ on Bighorn and Laramie trim levels. Not sure exactly the difference bet. the Canadian Ram sport trim and the available US ‘sport package’ though.