Differential cover question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Just a question or two, maybe three! What is wrong with protecting the gears with OEM covers and regular oil changes? How much better oil flow do you get with aftermarket covers? Was it worth the extra expense for the after market covers? If so, please let me know! Gimmicks do absolutely nothing but normally drains $$ from account.

I got an aftermarket solely for the drain plug. I change the fluid at 20K because I tow a lot.

A stamped metal one with a drain plug would be great!

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
i have a 2017 2500 and was wondering your guys input on differential covers? Is it worth it? Any issues? And what brand did you go with

The only value is if you want a drain plug.

Otherwise, change the fluid regularly and don't believe all the BS out there.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know crap about the subject other than this guy has been an expert for as long as i can remember. Very interesting series and learned a lot myself.

BS
The OEM covers have the channel he's talking about.
He's talking about a competitor and telling us why his is better.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a PML cover for the rear end.
For the simple reason of — Quick/Simple/Mess Free service.

Mainly when we begin towing the family RV. The service of the unit will be more frequent.

Not really concerned with (possible) Cooler Temps nor (so called) fluid dynamic function of the cover.

The PML covers have been proven over the past many years - Many times over.

I will also replace the 68RFE pan & front differential cover in the near future as well. Both with PML!
Main reason: Like I stated above to help with Fast/Simple /Mess Free Service of the unit.

I find the older I get: I really like those 4 words A lot!

Edit: I'm surprised this post hasn't been moved!

I got the rear one for the plug.

For the front; I suck it out, very easy with a syringe type pump and some tubing.