digital readout device?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there any plug and play devices out there that i can purchase simply for temp, oil pressure, volts and the like? Not a tuner just a read out. The needle gages are ok and work but have no type of scale. I would like to zero in on some actual numbers.

thanks !!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unfortunately oil pressure is not a PID in PCI bus Mopar. Are you looking for something that displays all that at once (like the Torque app) or something mounted/more permanent (like an Interceptor gauge)?

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a display that shows it all at once. Maybe like an Iphone screen size or bigger that I can mount

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Edge 84030 Monitor

I used an Edge CTS2 monitor in my 4th Gen diesel. They ain't cheap but they work great. Take a look at the linky. I liked it as it has a configurable display with warning set points for most functions.

070117 07.jpg

Unfortunately, oil pressure is not one of the PIDs reported through the bus as @HemiLonestar mentioned above. That would affect seeing such info on any monitoring device.

A mechanical gauge would work if you really wanted oil pressure monitoring.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Aeroforce Interceptor in an OEM SRT-10 A pillar pod. Cable runs down the A pillar to the OBD port. Mine is usually set for digital speedo and coolant temp (as you see).

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that is nice but from their site I could not find one that was for an 04 ram or am i missing something?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Email them and ask. Worst that'll happen is that they say they don't make it anymore. If I remember right, they lumped all the post 1996 pre-CAN bus stuff under "Dodge Neon compatible". I could be wrong, I haven't perused the site since I got mine and that's been at least 6 years.