Digital rear view mirror tow mode option snafu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
If you ordered a truck that is optioned with the digital rear view mirror, the you will already have the correct mirror, and the truck will be wired for the tow mode camera with the port on the the bumper already there. All you would need after the fact is the tow mode camera kit- part number 68527599AA. That part number is probably not available to buy just yet, but it will be once they get the 2022 parts catalog fully populated.
where would I order this from? Online or do I have to call and order from the dealer?

I’m going to use it to relocate the camera due to a canopy I’m putting on the truck.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
upon closer reading it seems like part number 68525798aa is just the wiring and bumper dock and not the camera itself.

I just checked my 22 Limited that already has the digital mirror and I do not have the bumper port.

In this case I would need:
68525798aa - camera wiring kit
&
Camera.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Have you checked with the Dodge Dealerships Parts Dept.

Surely they would know a lot more than a sales person

Unfortunately even the Parts Depts Catalog can be very confusing, even for the most knowledgeable person in the Parts Dept

RichOutlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My trailer is to long for the wire they sent me. Is there an extension that can be ordered to lengthen it?

justjumpit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I have the same issue. Had RAM install the tow mode camera on my gooseneck trailer with plans to keep the cord safe running over the tail gate. But the cord is way too short. Really hoping there is some sort of extension created. It is a really neat feature.