Dilemma: Night Edition/Off Road Package Laramie Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StMiguel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I'm ready to place an order for a 2022 Night Edition Laramie with the Off Road package. But they are forcing the 22" wheels on me. While the website lets me choose the 20" wheels, my dealer tells me I have to go with the 22's, no if's or but's. Anybody have any experience on how to "downgrade" their tires? Seems silly that I'm forced into buying this upgrade. I'll be taking this truck off road, so 22's are not an option for me.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
It looks like it's because of the night edition. In reality, unless you get a TRX or Rebel, the OE tires suck for off-roading anyway. I'd just get the model you want, and swap to a 17" or 20" aftermarket wheel with some more aggressive rubber!

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Before I bought my night edition, I told the salesman that I wanted to keep my wheel and rims that was on my 2018 3500 which was 18" I told them that I didn't want them that they can keep them, so they did a swap I now have 18" on my night edition.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi all, I'm ready to place an order for a 2022 Night Edition Laramie with the Off Road package. But they are forcing the 22" wheels on me. While the website lets me choose the 20" wheels, my dealer tells me I have to go with the 22's, no if's or but's. Anybody have any experience on how to "downgrade" their tires? Seems silly that I'm forced into buying this upgrade. I'll be taking this truck off road, so 22's are not an option for me.
It's interesting that on the ramtrucks.com build site, the Laramie Night Edition, and the Off-Road Group, both list 20 inch wheels. Not 22's. This is the reason I couldn't get a Limited with the Night Edition and the ORG, because one lists 20 inch wheels and the other lists 22 inch wheels. They conflict with each other, so you can't get both on a Limited. I believe your dealer is mistaken about the size of wheels this truck would have.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I would say find someone with a Big Horn and trade them but those are 18x8. Unless 18x8 is ok.

Also, the Rebel has 18x8 in the Night Edition and I would assume a better off roader.

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MY truck had 22s and I swapped them out with Rebel 18s

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
I've got a 2019 Laramie Sport with Off Road package and it came with 20" wheels. That's odd to me that they would take that option away.

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Interesting, I have a similar issue, I wanted taller rubber but because of night addition, they couldn't select it as part of the order. I ended up with

275/55R20

OP
OP
S

StMiguel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DB, what model did you order? I ordered a Laramie and couldn't even get 20"

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
Hemi e-torque
I was concerned when I saw how aggressive the tires were on my new rebel that they would be loud on the road. Honestly that are fairly quiet and smooth. How they will be in 5 or 10,000 miles remains to be seen.

The 18's look just about perfect as does the stance.

dirty_deeds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI eTorque
I placed my order 2wks ago and went through the exact same thing with the exact same model. Wasn't able to order the Laramie Night and Off road package together. Dealer did however say that they may be able to make the change during the build out. I'd check with your dealer and make them stay on top of it. fingers crossed

kdwright5407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I'm new to Rams...and don't even own my truck yet. I'm in the military stationed overseas and am buying a truck already built through Military Auto Source...which will be delivered for me to take possession when I hit US soil in a little over a month. It's a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition with the Off Road and and Towing Pkgs. The build sheet provided by MAS and one I was able to find by searching the VIN has 20in painted wheels on it. I was confused until this last weekend....every time I watched a youtube video about the night edition they mentioned 22 inchers. Why does mine have 20s? It wasn't until I started playing around with different builds on the Ram website that I realized that the 22s are dropped to 20s because of the Off-Road pkg. When you first select the Night Edition Pkg, the website will show (both in writing and in the picture) the 22s. But once you add the Off-Road Pkg, it automatically changed to the 20s.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just used the Costco car buying app. and selected 20 inch rim as soon as I check the the night edition it switched to 22 inch rims. So from what I can see you are stuck with the bigger rims. Are you trading anything in? I am sure the dealer with swap your rims.