disable auto park, can it be done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe_Clark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buy a short seatbelt extension sand plug it in. Then it always thinks your seat belt is connected

sent from a device using an app

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When your backing a 34 foot boat in a tight spot, I prefer to look at the real picture with my eyes and not a mirror sir. Oh by the way , you know the old saying , " if you don't have something helpful to say, then shut the f**k up".
WHAT!!! That's censorship. You can't do that. It's my right to say whatever I want. I can have my opinion too, ya-know. C'mon here ya-all, lets be a little tolerant here. Ya know everyone has an opinion, and I certainly have heard a bunch of them with a couple of posts. Just don't take any of this seriously and disregard what you don't like.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
I've been backing my 48' flatbed for years only using mirrors, I back my 53' box trailer with only the mirrors as well.

I stand by my statement that anyone that has to open the door to back up a pickup with or without a trailer is an idiot.

Well aren't you special?

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
I didn't say developed/invented, but they were the first to make these safety features standard equipment. Initially they are too expensive to make it down to the Honda civic's, but after time they do trickle down to them, they only come quicker if there is a government mandate (like backup cameras being mandated in 2018).

The MB S class was the first production to make standard airbags (steering wheel & side and seat), 3 point seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and several other safety features. If I remember correctly (I could be wrong) the S class was the first vehicle to make adaptive cruse control standard, parking sensors, and blind spot sensors.

My 1985 S class has heated side view mirrors, an air bag, catalytic converter with an O2 sensor, and 4 wheel disc brakes which are anti-lock. I wont go into non-safety comfort options that were standard in the 80's that are just catching up in others today.

I for one would prefer that each of these things be purely optional. I don't want most of them. I want to be able to choose the safety equipment I want on my car. Not have it forced down my throat. I am one of those whose had an airbag go off in my face hitting a parking post at 15 MPH. I was burned in the face. The car would have been drivable. My passenger's airbag didn't go off, and was fine. Someone explain that to me. Then I spent hundreds fixing and repairing antilock brake controllers and resetting codes on every car since the first one I got with antilock brakes in 1994. Just today I had to spend $300 at a Nissan dealer to get the airbag light to go off because a cheap connector under the passenger seat was not connecting. How about all those folks whose spent hours getting Takata bags replaced? Our Suzuki had to go back to the dealer 5 times over 5 years for airbag problems, the seat cushion was replaced twice, the airbags themselves were swapped out, twice. Our Toyota Solara had its seats replaced, steering wheel bags replaced and bumper sensors replaced. Parking sensors? Give me a break, if the stupid rear pillars weren't so thick because some moron increased the roll over roof crush standard, nobody would need the rear view camera on a frigging SUV. If you drive a car so that you roll it over, you get what you deserve. Now you want to put a smart cruise control on my car? Are you kidding? Look at the manual, the stupid thing won't work on hilly terrain, nor will it work if you are following a car that turns off to avoid a car that is stopped in front of them. You will plow right into the second car! Read the manual folks, before you activate this thing! Don't even get me going on dealing with a kid's car seat in a pickup, you can still kill a kid by putting him/her in the front seat of a three passenger pickup, because you can't count on the automatic airbag deactivation circuitry. And that's been true since they deleted the switch that let you turn manually off the passenger side airbag. I intend to personally remove the airbags in my new RAM. I've had enough airbags. What I would pay for? A real four point racing harness in all my cars. They actually work. They actually save lives. They are simple and never fail.