Disable Text Alert???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwrigh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi All!

So this is driving me nuts, and for some reason, I just cannot find the setting! I THOUGHT I saw it ages ago, but cant find it again to turn it off.

How do I disable the text message alert on the UConnect head unit? You know, the one that interrupts the music every time a text message comes in, and anounces who its from... It was cool at first, now its just annoying me!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Look in the phone settings on the radio, it should be under that particular paired phone.

OP
OP
Jwrigh12

Jwrigh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I did! All I have there is delete phone set to favorites, and something else I can't remember... but none of those have an option for text notification

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check the Bluetooth connection settings on your phone.
If there is nothing there, deleted the pairing on both ends, then when you repair the phone with the truck don't give it permission for the text messaging

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went into the Bluetooth Settings on my phone(s) (Android) and didn't give it permission to read SMS. I let it have calls, so I can do handsfree if I need to, but f SMS on the head unit.