DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by MADDOG, Dec 27, 2015.

1. kad

kad Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    I'm pretty certain it's not a wiring harness issue, Mike's been in on the discussions on the subject before. If you click on a user's name in their profile on the left of a message there is a "Start a conversation" link, that's this site's version of a PM. I can't recall if there's a restriction on it for new users or not. But you could also post in the M2Mods forum, that's their business forum here and one of them will get back to you.

https://www.ramforum.com/forums/m²-mods.166/

-K

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  2. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Not sure why the dealer is saying they can't add the CD player. It is one option that was available in pretty much every trim level and it should be available for them to activate. My Express came with it and I know a few people who have had the dealer activate the code after they installed the CD player with no issues. You can always try a different dealer or as stated you can enable the code with the alpha tool. There is no module required if you activate the code.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  3. Timsdually

Timsdually Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    It was warm here today so I did the complete console swap out. Slight difference in the harness I got with the used console. It was missing a plug that went under my drivers bucket.
    I ended up untapping the harness and removing the cd plug and wires and then fed them into the main plug of my existing harness.
    All hooked up and put back together.
    I have two other dealers I'm going to try and see if they will activate this for me.

4. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It shouldn't be any issue at all if you get a dealer who knows what they are doing.

R.L.K. likes this.
  5. Timsdually

Timsdually Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    "Big" dealer never got back to me, so I figured they are too busy for something this small.
    Called a "Little" dealer near me and figured they would want work. They were supposed to call me back and never did either.
    One more dealer to try that is a reasonable distance, otherwise quite a haul for some others.

6. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Remember you can always just purchased the alpha OBD app and enable it yourself if you are unsuccessful with the dealers. And of course you could use the tool to do all kinds of other stuff to the truck as well so it's definitely worth the money.

Ghost_RAM likes this.
  7. Timsdually

Timsdually Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    I have been thinking that after reading some of the posts on here. I'm not that tech savy but I would try it.
    I would probably be the guy who locks up every system in the truck in doing so. lol

8. Timsdually

Timsdually Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    Finally got hold of a dealer. Said bring it Tues. morning.

9. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    This should be an easy code for them to enable. I have watched my friend who is a Dodge Tech enable codes on my truck before we had the capability of doing it ourselves. It will literally take them 10 or 15 minutes start to finish to complete. They basically do it the same way we do with the alpha tool. They plug into your truck and connect to there tool. All the available codes come up on th he screen. They click on the correct option and your done. Be aware of how easy it is to do when they are discussing price. I have seen some dealers charge a half hour labor which is ok and some charge an hour which is a little high for something that takes so little time to do. I have seen some dealers try to gouge people on prices by saying it's a detailed process......it's not.

10. Timsdually

Timsdually Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    Thanks for that inside info.