DIY: 2013 Ram add OEM Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up checking the fuse for the camera and must’ve blown it. Changed the small fuse and it worked. Hopefully this works for you.
Thanks for the reply... the fuse you checked was it part of the cameras harness or in the trucks fuse box?

I will check this tomorrow. Was doubting myself, thinking I was missing something in the alfaobd software, but maybe not, it has to be a wire issue or a fuse as you said.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jay23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply... the fuse you checked was it part of the cameras harness or in the trucks fuse box?

I will check this tomorrow. Was doubting myself, thinking I was missing something in the alfaobd software, but maybe not, it has to be a wire issue or a fuse as you said.

In the fuse box. I ended up going back and checking the wiretaps I did. I did the OEM camera. What are you using to change the settings?

cyclevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the fuse box. I ended up going back and checking the wiretaps I did. I did the OEM camera. What are you using to change the settings?
Using alfaobd and obdlink mx+... I was under the impression this was the only way to change settings/configurations? Are you using something different? Sorry, i am new to this and have tons of questions... btw, I am sure it has been posted here, but which fuse am I looking for in the fuse box, diagram?

Jay23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Using alfaobd and obdlink mx+... I was under the impression this was the only way to change settings/configurations? Are you using something different? Sorry, i am new to this and have tons of questions... btw, I am sure it has been posted here, but which fuse am I looking for in the fuse box, diagram?

Yeah I used that. I did f95 or close to it. If I remember correctly. If it’s giving that error code I think it knows there’s a camera there’s just no power to it the actual camera.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Having similar problem to Jay23

Vehicle info = 2013 ram 1500 tradesman

Hoping for some clarity on enabling my newly installed rear view camera (aftermarket) from Infotainment (with plug n play harness) using Alfaobd. I have enabled three settings under "car configuration change"

-rear view camera = yes
-chmsl camera = yes
-rear camera present = yes

I am still not getting any video on my ra2 display (blue screen). Do I need to enable anything else, if so, what?

Note: I am getting this code after enabling the "rear view camera" = U0264 (lost communication with camera module)

I know the code above is related to the camera, question is, is it configuration or wiering issue? As stated above, i used infotainment's plug and play harness.

I searched on here and looked over the giant Alfaobd guide thread but did not come across info that I can try.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you're using an Aftermarket rear View camera, you need to start a new thread... Specific to Infotainment's camera kit & their install directions ... This thread is for the official MOPAR camera kit & wiring which will be different.

* You shouldn't be enabling a chmsl (3rd brake light) camera in addition to the trailer/backup camera... It's a completely different camera/video input ...

* If your using an Aftermarket/RCA video feed camera (vs Mopar) you will have DTC errors because the BCM isn't able to see/communicate with it.

** IF YOU HAVE A BLUE SCREEN WHEN IN REVERSE ... Then you have successfully enabled the config in the BCM and the radio is looking for a video input that isn't there.

>> Have you contacted Infotainment about your issue?

M² Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.