DIY Air Dam Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I don't have indents on mine [emoji34]

Ah, I wonder if that's because you have a HD or just because it's a newer model year? I'll measure mine when I leave from work in a bit and let you know.

-K

Ok, I was indeed remembering correctly. They are 10" apart. Starting with one in the center, then go out 10" for each one.

-K

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, I was indeed remembering correctly. They are 10" apart. Starting with one in the center, then go out 10" for each one.

-K

[emoji1303] txs

I saw a guy in WV that did his 7 1/2 out from center ... 9 lights total but I'm thinking I like less like yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I decided to do this too. The lights I got are (were) white, so I decided to tint them first. They also have two different brightness levels, but it's hard to tell in the pictures.
IMG_8781.jpg
IMG_8782.jpg
IMG_8783.jpg
IMG_8784.jpg
IMG_8789.jpg
IMG_8790.jpg
IMG_8791.jpg
IMG_8792.jpg

Just an update to this. Those lights were junk and didn't last long, but they did send me replacements. Unfortunately they were the wrong color. I have since ordered new lights from Amazon and so far haven't had any trouble. This time I used Nite-Shades to tint them and they look great!

BudsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I did the same as kad....used the indents on the air dam. They're spaced about 10" from the center one....

Sirry for the late reply...

Bent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks sick! Definitely adding this to my to do list

Bent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone done these lights but didn't space them evenly? I'm thinking drill one right in the middle, then 2 on either side about 7 inches apart then the last 4 evenly positioned with the space that's left.
like this:

*......*......*....*....*......*......*

Edit: apparently my astrix diagram won't show properly :(

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Has anyone done these lights but didn't space them evenly? I'm thinking drill one right in the middle, then 2 on either side about 7 inches apart then the last 4 evenly positioned with the space that's left.
like this:

I can see your diagram. I don't know of anyone in particular who did it that way, but as long as you do the math and drilling carefully so it's symmetrical I think it would look ok. I personally like even spacing better, but I also like the more evenly spaced RAM cab lights better than Chevy's "3 really close together in the middle and one on each outer edge" layout, so that's just the aesthetic that appeals to me.

-K

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
like this:

I set all of mine on 7" centers starting from the middle. Used 11 of them and have 4 left for spares.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have cab lights, I like the look of 5 which matches the roof.

Bent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I set all of mine on 7" centers starting from the middle. Used 11 of them and have 4 left for spares.

I like a little bit of offset. Personally I think 7 is the perfect amount of lights, anything more looks a little too clustered.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I like a little bit of offset. Personally I think 7 is the perfect amount of lights, anything more looks a little too clustered.

I understand what your saying but because I am using them for DLR's I wanted to be sure people saw me coming.

Bent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I understand what your saying but because I am using them for DLR's I wanted to be sure people saw me coming.
Makes sense. I'm not sure how I'll wire mine up yet. Not overly skilled when it comes to electrical

dennymelcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m really pleased with all of your ideas and you’ve inspired me to get going on making myself more visible, both day and night.
Now if I could just get my Cruise Control to turn on when I’d like and not when it wants, I’d be a happy Ram owner.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I’m really pleased with all of your ideas and you’ve inspired me to get going on making myself more visible, both day and night.

Well thank you. :)

Now if I could just get my Cruise Control to turn on when I’d like and not when it wants, I’d be a happy Ram owner.

That's definitely odd. Did you have the cruise control recall done? How about the one for the wiring harness in the steering wheel? Possibly a bad button on the wheel?

-K

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm about to do this to my truck soon. @kad how did you tap into the F79 fuse? I have an add a circuit but I'd rather not go that route if I don't have to...