DIY spray in Bed liner options/opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Throwin Plugs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need a bed liner. Really not a fan of the drop in plastic ones (I've had in the past). Quotes for my 5'6 bed have been $700-1k. Thats a lot of coin for someone trying to buy a house.

Looking at DIY options, im leaning toward the U-Pol raptor kit. Seems plenty straight forward and I have weekends off. Anyone have experience with this or similar?

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
raptor liner is a good product but keep in mind, the liner product is only 20% of the end result. Proper paint prep, adhesion prep spray, sanding material, tape, paper and paint cleaning materials not only add to the expense but to your time involved. So, if you need $200 for Raptor liner expect to pay a like amount for everything else you’re going to need. Also expect to spend at least a full day if not an entire weekend on the job.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The negative reviews on Amazon seem to be mostly about the gun or the way it was delivered. I would read through there and see if anyone has updated after use. All 5 stars just state "prep is key" or describe the process and how it turned out. None of the reviews actually state what they hauled after, but I just randomly checked. The prep and time after is why I put a pendaliner in $130 for 8' bed, no prep and use bed right after. :)

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
And you can throw the Raptor warranty out the window .... They will simply say you didn’t prep it right .... A lesson they learned from the deck stain people ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk