Do all U-connect 4 models have Apple Car Play?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting ready to order and I've always planned on getting equipment level 1 on a Laramie, but the more I look at what's in Level 1, I think it's all stuff I won't care much about. I'm thinking about going with a Laramie and no equipment packages. It appears to come standard with U-connect 4 with 8.4 display. Now this is where it gets murky. Most things I read seem to indicate the U Connect 4 comes standard with car play, but when you look at the option of adding nav it highlights Car play on that 8.4 screen. Sort of indicating maybe the basic U Connect does not have Car Play. I don't care for Nav, but if I have to get that to have Car Play then I might need to go that route.

So what's the truth? Do all U Connect 4 models have Car Play or do I need to get the Nav upgrade to use Car Play? Thanks in advance.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All 2019 and newer (It maybe 2018 that have the 8.4 have Apple Carplay and Android Auto standard). Again, it has to have 8.4 screen (or 12 inch).

OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another CarPlay question. I was under the impression that I could link my iphone wirelessly to the U connect and view my waze maps on the U connect screen? I test drove today and could not figure that out and the salesman had no clue what I was talking about. Is this possible?

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carplay and Android auto in the rams requires cable. Wireless carplay is new and oems take a while to catch up. Ford sync 4 is supposed to have it and I think some Nissan's. Someone on the forum has used one of the USB wireless adapters with success.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Yeah the wireless adapters are glitchy as hell. Will work fine for a week then suddenly not stay connected, then magically work again....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk