Do I really HAVE to remove the valence for a bumper swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillSchroeder5842

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey all,

I'm going to tackle a bumper swap tomorrow. I have a 2018 with fog lights but no sensors. Mine got munched in a rare ice condition on Texas roads. I found a 2014 in great condition.

I've watched several videos on the swap and they all tell you to remove the grille, lights and valence, but I don't see why? I did an inspection looking for some "hidden" bolts or fasteners but can't find any. It looks like the bumper can just be dropped by loosening the three bolts. What am I missing?

I'm prepared to follow the posted video instructions but would hope for some guidance.

Thanks!

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i put a ranchhand front bumper on my truck, i removed the bumper only, didnt mess with the grill, lights, or anything. mine is a 2017

OP
OP
BillSchroeder5842

BillSchroeder5842

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks. I swapped my this morning. Pretty straight forward and I did not remove the grill or front painted valance. I should have remove the tow hooks prior to removal as it caused me to "slide" the bumper out further than I had to causing me to "lift" the valance. I removed the hooks and installed the bumper then replace.