DO NOT BUY RP 10-47!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your under warranty, why not just use a mopar filter?? It's one of the cheapest too!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its cheap for a reason....
I've seen the cutaway videos.. the mopar looked to have an acceptable build.. and like I said, warranty approved. Your not going to tell me that Fram makes a better filter! Some may be better than mopar, but its not going to make your truck last longer.. the motor will fail for 100 other reasons first.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen the cutaway videos.. the mopar looked to have an acceptable build.. and like I said, warranty approved. Your not going to tell me that Fram makes a better filter! Some may be better than mopar, but its not going to make your truck last longer.. the motor will fail for 100 other reasons first.

Because Fram makes 3 different lines of filters, maybe the OCOD isnt as good as the Mopar (or maybe it is, but since one failed 20000 years ago, they all suck, right?)

But the 2nd and 3rd tier Fram filters are better than the cheap Mopar. So yes, Fram makes a better filter. In fact the Fram Ultra (top of the line Fram filter) can sometimes be CHEAPER than the Mopar.

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I use the filters that Cummins recommends enough said.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just some food for thought.

Champion Laboratories, Inc. is the Private Label Supplier for Over 30 Private Label Automotive and Heavy-Duty Filter Lines.

We are a producer and distributor of a full spectrum of filtration products, from premium retail brands that are sold to many of the nation’s top automotive retailers to world-class, competitively priced products supporting nationally known private brands.

Champion Laboratories offers a full range of OE filtration solutions including air, oil (spin-on and cartridge), cabin air and fuel. Many of the world’s top vehicle and engine manufacturers rely on our quality and expertise for their OE filtration needs.

Our products are the preferred installed and aftermarket filters for several major manufacturers in the automotive, motorcycle, marine, heavy duty, small engine and powersports industries.

The AMSOIL oil filter is basically the same as the Royal Purple extended life oil filter. The only difference is that the AMSOIL filters cost more and don’t sport a fancy purple paint job. If you need further proof, they are both made by Champion Labs.

kong79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know why Walmart doesn't stock the Mopar filter for the Hemi? They have most of the others but not the M-409.