Do NOT do business with Top Gun Customz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OUT OF BUSINESS

Business Profile
forTop Gun Customz, Inc.​

4 Wheel Drive Repair

BBB Rating & Accreditation​

D- BBB rating
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Dirty D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
how did ya pay? if you paid with a card...file a chargeback if its not to late.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well...this is a long story, but I feel like I've held my tongue long enough. This is my story

It all started when I bought my 2013 Cummins and decided I wanted to customize it so I started searching the web and thought I liked what I saw with Top Gun Customz so I gave them a call and spoke to a salesperson and after a little chat I decided to give them my business...in Dec of 2013. Here's what all I got:

6" TGC Long Arm lift kit
Upgrade to Nighthawk Black Ops 2.625" shocks with reservoirs.
TGC Ladder Trac Bars
AMP Power steps
Paint to match front bumper, rear bumper, mirror covers, and grille surround.
TGC front steering stabilizer with dual Nighthawk Black Ops 2.0 shocks
Install my wheels and tires

Total cost of parts and labor was just under $10k...which I thought was a little high but then I figured what the heck, you get what you pay for...right?! (PS, this did NOT include the price of my wheels and tires.

Now, when I talked to them, I told them I wanted My chrome bumpers taken off and replaced with painted to match bumpers and then paint them to match. Well when I went to pick up my truck, my chrome bumpers were nowhere to be seen. I asked them about them...they told me that their paint guy said he could effectively paint over the chrome, so that's what they did. Take in mind, I didn't get any kind of discount for this as he said the time for prepping the chrome to be painted made up for the cost of the bumpers. Well I was just excited to get my truck so I said ok. I also noticed that my steering stabilizer wasn't on. They said that at the time they didn't have the brackets to mount it and that they would just have to ship it to me...Also NO discount for the labor from this from my original price. But I said whatever, it takes 1 hour to put it on. I'll do it.
- Side note...it took them 4 months to get me my stabilizer and I had to bug the hell out of them to finally get it.

So back to the rest of the truck. I drove the truck back home from Knoxville to my house in Radford, VA (~4 hours). Just from that simple, short drive home I had already received about 5-6 chips in the front bumper with the chrome showing through. I contacted TGC...well after a few months of getting the run around, I finally got in touch with a Mr JACK GIBBONS, who supposedly had to take over due to some ill management choices within the company. Jack was nice and offered to have my bumpers re-painted saying it must have been a bad batch of paint. I had to drive my truck all the way back to Knoxville though to get it done. He did however get me a rental car for the week I was without my truck. Well the next weekend I went BACK to Knoxville to pick up my truck, this time directly from the paint shop. When talking to the painter, he explained to me that he had NEVER suggested painting over the chrome because he knew it wouldn't take but insisted on replacing the bumpers. Yet they still told him to go ahead and paint over the chrome. Well this kind of pissed me off. I had been lied to. And again, by the time I had got home...chips in the paint again! I called Jack back and explained to him what I was told and how upset I was. And that what really pissed me off, is now, even if I did get paintable bumpers and have them painted, I could still no longer sell my chrome bumpers to re-coup any of the money. Jack told me he knew I was treated wrong and was going to try to make things right but that the company was struggling due to the incompetence of the previous management and that it may take some time. He asked me to get a quote for the cost of 2 paintable bumpers and to have them painted and put on. So I did. A few weeks went by and no word. I called and he informed me he was still working on it. I waited another month or two...same call made, same response given. Also, during these durations, I had sent many emails but had received no responses....it finally led me to sending this message on 7/11/14 (note that is 8 months after having them do my truck):
View attachment 347203
To which I actually received a response.....
View attachment 347204

Well that sounded like things may have been happening...another month goes by...I send another email...
View attachment 347205

As you can see....that was OVER A YEAR AGO!!!! I still have not received any resolution! Jack did answer his phone a few months ago and told me that they had went to court and it looked like things were looking up and that I should get my money soon and asked me to re-send the parts and paint quote. So I did so (it was on Aug 5, 2015). Here are those texts...

View attachment 347206

A month went by, I texted him asking if any word...NO RESPONSE
Another few weeks went by and I was getting angry so I tried calling. No answer and couldn't leave a message because his box is full. So the next day I called like 5 times in a row...he decided to text me that he was "In a meeting" Here is that convo...

View attachment 347207

And now we are here....I have still not heard back from him. He will not answer his phone when I call. He will not respond to my emails. Seems that Top Gun Customz just don't care to treat their customers with respect.

And as another side note...If you own a 2013 Ram Cummins, do NOT buy their ladder trac bars. They don't fit properly. I was told that the ones that TGC had installed on my truck were too long and are actually in a bind because the trac bar is in contact with the bracket that is around the axle. I called them to try to rectify this, to see if maybe they had put the wrong ones on...they said they would look into it and call me back....STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL!!!
10K for that, were they supplying the lube?