Dodge Stealth, saw one in the Junkyard the other day !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
It was looking really good, missing some interior parts, Engine looks really clean, manual shift!
I asked to buy it, they said they couldn't sell the car, no title ! Apparently in Florida a junkyard cannot
sell a car with no title, yet an individual can, and a buyer can request a title search and get one.

I'm still thinking about getting the engine, trans , drive train and ECM ! might be well worth it !

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Only the Stealth R/T with the 3.0L Twin Turbo motor could get out of it's own way provided you kept the motor/turbo wound up.
The claim to fame for the Stealth is it actually has muffler bearings. Story has it an automotive engineer had the "you have bad muffler bearings" prank pulled on him so he decided to design bearing that the exhaust system/muffler floated on.

OP
OP
S

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
The Speedo goes up to 160, I didn't take that close of a look, but my thinking was drop this into a Sebring convertible. Would probably take more work than its worth, but it would be front wheel drive to front wheel drive, and make a badass Sebring! I do get grandiose ideas!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
In some states, if a vehicle has no paper work

You can get all the information on the vehicle, like the plates that were removed by the wrecking yard, the VIN#, etc.

send that information to the DMV
They find the last owner & then you contact them & ask if there was a reason that they would sell the vehicle to the junk yard without papers.

If it turns out that the Insurance company sold the vehicle, then it could be sold with a Salvage Title

Then there are 1 or 2 states that don't really care if you have paperwork, they will register it
I think those states are in the South East & have Missile Silos buried in their mountains