Dodge Truck Dashes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Pepin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologize if this has been asked before. Why are so many Dodge truck dashes broken/cracked. I've owned 4 late model 1500 and 2500 vans and none were cracked. Is there a difference in the dashes or are the owners just dashboard haters?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If I remember correctly what I read some years ago was that the dash pad was very thin, made of material that suffered failures under UV light and that the underlying structure bar spacing proved to be too far apart to support the dashpad as it sagged under heat and UV degradation.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Poorly designed and made with low grade material. Another of Ma Mopars not so fine moments.

Gen 1 truck dashes warp and break over time as well but as bad as 2nd gens.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a second gen and a third gen Ram that never ended up with a cracked dash for as long as I owned them but, I also kept a carpeted dash mat cover over each one of them, and tried to use a sunshade in the windshield every time I parked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wipe mine down every few weeks with Meguiars it has a UV protectant. Never had one crack on me