Does anybody have an ABS module wiring diagram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Ok - so I made some other posts earlier regarding my gas powered 04 Ram 2500s ABS module and connector being so corroded that I had to replace them both. The codes that were present were 41, 45, 51, 52 & 65 - all indicating front and rear ABS wasn't working as well as an open relay.

I found a salvaged diesel 04 Ram 2500 that had, what looked like, the same connectors and the ABS module part number was only 1 number off. Mine was 52121409AB and the salvaged ABS module was 52121408AB. Went to the Dodge dealership and they said that 408AB as for the V10/Diesel engine and should work just fine.

Finally got around to wiring everything up and it appears that one of the wires from my old connector was utilized but the connector from the salvaged vehicle had that wire position plugged. We went ahead and soldered all the other connectors together - leaving a green/white wire not connected (terminated the end however).

When we hooked everything up the brake and ABS light was still on. Took it to Just Brakes to get it scanned and we cleared the previous codes (thank goodness) but threw a 35 (rear sensor) and 84 (mismatched VIN).

For code 84 I guess I'll have to go to Dodge and have the module programmed for my truck - originally they said this probably wasn't needed, just plug and play.

For code 35, I wondering if that that could be caused by the green/white wire that wasn't connected. The green/white wire was for the connection that is on the top row, second from the right in the female connector picture. This connects to the upper right position of the picture of the ABS module.

Anybody have a wiring diagram that specifically identifies what each wire is for?

Thanks for your help on this!

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,585
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,003
Last edited:

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This may help. Looks like the dark green/white wire you mentioned is the speed sensor signal sent to the PCM

ScreenShot251.jpg

ScreenShot252.jpg

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Ugh. Now I have to find yet another salvage Ram with the right connector. Fortunately looks like I found one in my area. Just waiting on the guy to get back with me.

I'm glad that the splicing my son and I did worked. We were worried there for a minute.

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Ok, so my son and I finally found a compatible connector and got it soldered in place.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428155500.960020.jpg

Here's the old connector next to the new one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428155541.117434.jpg

ABS and brake lights were still on throwing codes 21 (front speed sensor), 35 (rear speed sensor), 84 (mismatched VIN) and a P1684 (battery power disconnected).

I found an ABS module from a diesel 04 Ram and the dealership said it should be plug and play. Doesn't look like that was true and they were gonna charge me $125 to reprogram it.

Found yet another ABS module for the exact year, make and model of my truck and got it for only $50. Figured it was worth a shot. When I installed it I got codes 35 and P1684 back as well as code 96 (over / under voltage).

I bought a rear speed sensor to clear the code 35 and P1684 appears to just be a code thrown when you've disconnected your battery in the last 50 starts.

Anybody have any idea what the ABS code 96 is for? My volt gauge for the alternator does, at times, ride a little to the right of dead center on the gauge. Could it possibly be a bad alternator? If so, why would that be and ABS code vs an engine code?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So I replaced the rear speed sensor, cleared the ABS codes but still came up with code 35. All other codes have been cleared however.

Anybody have some good advice on testing my soldering job? I think I might have an open connection to the rear speed sensor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Crossed a green/white wire when soldering.

Completely user error.

Doh!!!

Jodyb11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
This may help. Looks like the dark green/white wire you mentioned is the speed sensor signal sent to the PCM

View attachment 47636

View attachment 47637
Thank you so much for posting this diagram!! You literally saved my day! You’re my hero! Somebody decided to straight wire the right from hub assembly abs sensor. Wiring a new connector could not have been done without you hero.

ali_sameni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello and thanks for diagram. Can anybody let me know the physical location of grounding point G104 on diagram as I think I have problem with the grounding of ABS and break alarm light.