Does the base model 2018 Tradesman radio have a separate amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 Tradesman has the "radio 3.0" without a touchscreen. It does have Bluetooth. I use it with an add-on Sirius XM tuner connected through the Aux port and this setup has worked just fine for the past 3 years. Lately I've started to lose sound out of the left side speakers after driving a while. Funny, it cuts out in a left hand turn and comes back with a right hand turn.

I've been trying to diagnose the problem and I've tried a different aux cord with no improvement. But now I'm thinking it might not be the aux port - maybe it's the amplifier but I don't even know if my truck has a separate factory amp of if the amp is built in to the radio.

So the question is "do I have a separate amp?" and "where is it?"

I tried unplugging the aux cord from the console when the speakers cut out and then the unit reverts to FM and I do hear sound through the left side speakers. That seems to be pointing a good amp but I'm not sure. I've ordered a new cradle from Sirius with Bluetooth to bypass the aux port.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its in the radio. no external amp.

Latest posts

Members online