Does the powertrain warranty cover the manifold bolts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jodman012000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard lots about the manifold bolts breaking. I have a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 with a 5.7 Hemi. I have the 100,000 mile warranty. Are the manifold bolts covered?
Thanks.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Don't let them tell you any different. They may try but it is directly bolted to the power plant making it powertrain. [emoji16]

Hammerhead-06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey all,

Is this something that happens to all trucks? This is my first Ram truck and I had no idea about the bolts tendency to break.

Thanks for your help and information.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah it's so common on these trucks. Keep up on oil changes too with good oil or you'll be doing the common mds lifter replacement after they fail.

rgr3115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its good to read this. Have any you guys had it replaced with the CPO warranty?? I specifically asked my dealer before I bought it, and they told me no. Said that if "oil" runs through it in the power train, they will replace it.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I had mine replaced three times then the dealer said they wouldn't do it a 4 th if it happened again so I told them to stuff it and swapped over to headers Havnt has any issues since. From then on I've refused to let any dealer touch my truck even if it was warranty. Just a good excuse to upgrade and get better parts in it in my opinion.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I meticulously maintain my ride and had it happen to me....

Ditto, it's completely random. My truck gets serviced at the dealer every 5k miles. I had two bolts bust around 35k miles. My first two RAM's (both 5.7) did not have bolts bust.

Stevieboy96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the ones we had were not regularly maintained. It is a problem unfortunately. I hope it doesnt happen to mine. I have read somewhere that a guy upgraded his to a non mds system and just had to pay difference due to the parts being on back order. I figured if it happened to me that is the route I would try to go.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah I got rid of mds as soon as I could.

Scott Nugent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work at a dealership. I have seen 2 trucks with the lifter issues. And none with the bolt issue. The lifter issues were on truck with a lack of maintenance.

Manifolds bolts twice in 65k. Everyone I know has had it happen.
You have never had the bolt issue at the dealership? That is amazing.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I work at a dealership. I have seen 2 trucks with the lifter issues. And none with the bolt issue. The lifter issues were on truck with a lack of maintenance.

Ive owned 3 gen 4 trucks and a Hemi Durango.

I've had to replace broken exhaust bolts in all of them. Twice in my 2010.

Extracting them in a Durango is a nightmare.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Its good to read this. Have any you guys had it replaced with the CPO warranty?? I specifically asked my dealer before I bought it, and they told me no. Said that if "oil" runs through it in the power train, they will replace it.

If it is a real FCA CPO (and not some weird, dealer-only or 3rd party B.S. made-up CPO program), then yes, the bolts are covered.

There is a lot more to the powertrain than just things that "oil runs through." I have a really bad feeling about that dealership.

Octane

Reaction score
The dealers seem to think a warranty is just a gimmick to sell a vehicle and some will try to screw you over.When a dealer told me they were rated the best service dept in my state I told them that all the others must be pretty sorry then.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
The dealers seem to think a warranty is just a gimmick to sell a vehicle and some will try to screw you over.When a dealer told me they were rated the best service dept in my state I told them that all the others must be pretty sorry then.
If I could buy a brand new vehicle without warranty at Much better price I would! Warranty to me is a joke.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45