Doing paper work for a new 2020 today

Good deal?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
We are trading in our 2016 Ecodiesel for a 2020. Both are fully loaded Laramie's. We have negotiated a little over 8 thousand off the sticker price. We are only getting 25,500 trade-in for our 2016 so we are upside down by a little over 2 grand(on a $55+ thousand truck). So much for the Dodge law suit money in our pocket. I have attached the window sticker. I would appreciate any input on what to look out for while doing this today.

95354880_10207102051345929_3102611123963166720_o.jpg

OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
BTW The only reason we are trading in our 2016 is we need more tow capacity. We will be going from just under 8 thousand pounds to over 11 thousand with the new Ecodiesel. Our 2016 is almost exactly at the limit of it's capacity to tow our travel trailer.

scubaseth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have you checked out Dave Smith motors? Just saying 8k does not sound like much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Unfortunately the 0 percent 7 year and 3 month payment hold end today and driving to the other side of the state won't work in this timeline.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
if your happy with it, drive her home...you'll love it!

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
I just bought my truck for my future. My 2020 Ram 3500 dually is actually more truck than I "need" right now. But it won't be in a couple of years when I buy a newer toyhauler. This is my first new truck I have ever bought. And possibly my last.

I am enjoying it. Not sure I deserve it.

Buy the truck you want and can afford. Many folks within a few days of an expensive purchase, may think "what have I done!!". Enjoy life while you can.

2020 RAM 3500 Left side.jpg

Last edited:

scubaseth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unfortunately the 0 percent 7 year and 3 month payment hold end today and driving to the other side of the state won't work in this timeline.
Bummer on not being able to make it out there. I used it as leverage to get my price down locally on my 08 ram. I wish I would of held off buying my used truck last year. I wonder what they will offer next.

Have fun buying your new truck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm "Chatting" online with Dave Smith now. Very slow process but I doubt they can help.
That was a waste of 30 minutes. The "Chat" person finally said she would pass the info on. LOL It was a total waste of time. I was not even talking to someone at the dealership.

Last edited:

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
We are trading in our 2016 Ecodiesel for a 2020. Both are fully loaded Laramie's. We have negotiated a little over 8 thousand off the sticker price. We are only getting 25,500 trade-in for our 2016 so we are upside down by a little over 2 grand(on a $55+ thousand truck). So much for the Dodge law suit money in our pocket. I have attached the window sticker. I would appreciate any input on what to look out for while doing this today.

So, you paid 65K before the trade in?

Looks like you overpaid. People fly into DD to buy trucks.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...&order=DESC&orderby=price&page=1&model[]=1500$

Why not a 19 and save a lot of $

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...esults&search=2019+ram+1500&page=1&type[]=New

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Also, your state might allow 3 days to cancel a contract to buy a car without any issues.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Once you cross over $50k in my opinion, you're in 2500 land.

Have you cross shopped a comparably equipped 2500?

Otherwise, the deal sounds good, but I would explore financing options other than 0% as you are leaving A HEAPING HUGE HELPING IF NOT A TON of money on the table going with zero percent.

If you pay 2 - 5% you could easily net 10 - 15k in other incentives.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 205244

I can't read that sticker to see what you are buying.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Once you cross over $50k in my opinion, you're in 2500 land.

Have you cross shopped a comparably equipped 2500?

Otherwise, the deal sounds good, but I would explore financing options other than 0% as you are leaving A HEAPING HUGE HELPING IF NOT A TON of money on the table going with zero percent.

If you pay 2 - 5% you could easily net 10 - 15k in other incentives.

Good point ... I paid 42K for my new 2500

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just bought a used 2018 Sport last week, so these things are still fresh in my memory:

1. Any dealership that advertises "Honesty, Integrity, Transparency" usually aren't.

2. Never trust what the Sales Manager says; same goes for the Finance/Insurance person. They WILL lie and deny to get you to buy the vehicle.

3. Before signing ANYTHING, make sure the documentation is 100$% correct to what was agreed upon.

4. Get copies of EVERYTHING you sign, and make sure you get ALL the copies.

5. Watch Kevin Hunter's videos on Youtube and learn how dealerships manipulate customers.

6. You have the power to leave anytime you aren't getting the deal you want.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I just bought a used 2018 Sport last week, so these things are still fresh in my memory:

1. Any dealership that advertises "Honesty, Integrity, Transparency" usually aren't.

2. Never trust what the Sales Manager says; same goes for the Finance/Insurance person. They WILL lie and deny to get you to buy the vehicle.

3. Before signing ANYTHING, make sure the documentation is 100$% correct to what was agreed upon.

4. Get copies of EVERYTHING you sign, and make sure you get ALL the copies.

5. Watch Kevin Hunter's videos on Youtube and learn how dealerships manipulate customers.

6. You have the power to leave anytime you aren't getting the deal you want.

Exactly. I take pictures of the four square paperwork. I take pictures of the deal sheets. I even take pictures of the finance worksheets when talking with the finance guy. Then I collect everything and say I need to take 15 minutes to review it and walk outside.

Once I have the deal config I WANT FOR MY BEST INTEREST, I go back into the dealership and sit down with the finance manager. I tell him I don't want ANY FAT in the deal - no extended warranty, no GAP insurance, no Nitrogen in the tires, wheel locks, fabric protection, etc... NOTHING but the vehicle.

If they won't do that, I get up and walk. If they will, print it out and show me. Then I take a picture of that.

Then... and only then, do I let them run my credit. I know my credit score, so let's see what you come back with. I also have financing in order through my credit union. Let's see if you can meet or beat my financing and maybe I'll let you earn a little more money. If I go with their financing, I want the bid sheet from the lender to make sure they don't get one rate and mark it up...

I am one of their less than desirable customers, as I just want to buy the truck.

I used to sell cars, so I know how the game is played, so to speak.

In the end, you can buy the SAME VEHICLE from ANY DEALER in the state, so don't buy into the bull crap they'll try to sell you.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I take pictures of the four square paperwork.

If they start with the 4-square method, tell them you're only interested in the price of the vehicle. If they balk, then leave. The 4-square is just a method to confuse the buyer.

I would advise to get an approved deal IN WRITING via email or text even before setting foot in the dealership.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
If they start with the 4-square method, tell them you're only interested in the price of the vehicle. If they balk, then leave. The 4-square is just a method to confuse the buyer.

I would advise to get an approved deal IN WRITING via email or text even before setting foot in the dealership.

Sorry.. showing my age here. The firm price offer, buyers order, split sheet, four square, etc.. all the same instrument.

But yes, get their price in writing, and ensure there are no surprise "DEALER ADDS" waiting as a surprise once you get there.