Dome Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banjo83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 RAM 2500
I am having a issue with the dome/map lights working intermittently when I open the door(s). The dash info center does recognize that each door is open, but the lights may turn on or might not.

The Dimmer switch will not turn on the lights either.

I am thinking the headlight/dimmer switch might have to be Replaced?

Taspeace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry I can't explain your situation. I'm having a related problem and wonder if you might know the answer. The small light located between the two map lights (the one that shines directly down on the center console/cup holders) comes on when it feels like it and often doesn't shut off when the ignition is off and the key removed. I don't even know if there is a switch for this particular light, at least I haven't found one. Any ideas how I can shut this thing off? I suppose I could remove it, it don't need it at all. Thanks in advance.

raj005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
I have a 2017 Big Horn and the interior lights used to come on when the doors were opened but have now quit. They still come on sometimes when I hit unlock, they still power on with the door opened and I manually turn them on (with the truck off), and once I get inside and turn the key they come on for a few seconds before fading out like they normally would when opening the door and then closing it. It was a sporadic thing but now it seems like they never come on when I open the door. The dimmer switch is not turned down and the battery was recently replaced (problem happened both before and after the replacement), so I don't know what else to check.

jib88fer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I can't explain your situation. I'm having a related problem and wonder if you might know the answer. The small light located between the two map lights (the one that shines directly down on the center console/cup holders) comes on when it feels like it and often doesn't shut off when the ignition is off and the key removed. I don't even know if there is a switch for this particular light, at least I haven't found one. Any ideas how I can shut this thing off? I suppose I could remove it, it don't need it at all. Thanks in advance.
Owned my truck for 18 months, then one day the center light just started working. Took me forever to find out what that glow was. Then it quit again. I was hoping someone on here found the short /(?) or bad connection. My dimmer did adjust it, when it worked...