Don't feel so bad about our truck recalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My son is deployed overseas and i am keeping his car for him. He asked me to get some maintenance done and this is what i've found out. it's a 2014 Ford Fusion
14 recalls..........I think our power wagons are doing pretty good overall.

NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls
  • Recall Number
    14V597000
    Recall Date
    09/26/2014
    Component
    SEAT BELTS
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Ford C-Max vehicles manufactured January 19, 2012, to November 21, 2013; Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured February 3, 2012, to August 24, 2013; Ford Escape vehicles manufactured October 5, 2011, to November 1, 2013; and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured April 25, 2012, to September 30, 2013. The coating on portions of the Restraint Control Module (RCM) may crack, and when exposed to humidity, circuits on the printed circuit board may short.

Consequence
    The short circuits could cause the frontal air bags, side curtain air bags and the seat belt pretensioners to not function as intended when needed, increasing the risk of occupant injury in the event of a crash.

• Recall Number
    18V167000
    Recall Date
    03/12/2018
    Component
    STEERING:WHEEL AND HANDLE BAR
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014-2018 Lincoln MKZ and Ford Fusion vehicles. The steering wheel retaining bolt may loosen allowing the steering wheel to detach while driving.

Consequence
    A steering wheel detachment can cause a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.

• Recall Number
    18V471000
    Recall Date
    07/16/2018
    Component
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:LEVER AND LINKAGE:FLOOR SHIFT
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Ford Escape, and 2013-2016 Ford Fusion vehicles, equipped with six-speed automatic transmissions. The bushing that attaches the transmission shifter cable to the transmission may degrade over time and cause the bushing to detach from the transmission. The condition could allow the driver to move the shift lever to Park and remove the ignition key, while the transmission may not be in Park, with no warning message or audible chime.

Consequence
    If the vehicle is exited without the transmission being in Park and without the parking brake being applied, the vehicle may unexpectedly move, increasing the risk of a crash.

• Recall Number
    15V250000
    Recall Date
    04/28/2015
    Component
    STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured February 3, 2012, to March 20, 2015, and 2015 Ford Edge vehicles manufactured February 26, 2015, to February 28, 2015, and originally sold, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. In the affected vehicles, snow or water containing road salt or other contaminants may corrode the electric power steering gear motor attachment bolts.

Consequence
    If the bolts corrode, the steering gear motor may detach from the gear housing resulting in a loss of power steering assist. Loss of power steering assist would require a higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.

• Recall Number
    14V736000
    Recall Date
    11/18/2014
    Component
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured July 27, 2013, to October 31, 2014, 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles manufactured February 24, 2014, to October 31, 2014, and 2015 Ford Fusion Energi vehicles manufactured July 14, 2014, to October 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the key may be able to be removed even while the transmission is not in Park. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."

Consequence
    If the key can be removed despite that the transmission is not in Park, a driver may think the vehicle is safety parked, when it is not, increasing the risk of a vehicle rollaway that could cause the vehicle to strike and injure the driver, other vehicle occupants, or bystanders.

• Recall Number
    14V164000
    Recall Date
    04/02/2014
    Component
    SEATS:FRONT ASSEMBLY:RECLINER
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured August 15, 2012, through September 10, 2013, 2013-2014 Ford Escape vehicles manufactured June 5, 2012, through August 12, 2013, and 2013-2014 Ford C-Max vehicles manufactured from July 23, 2012, through May 28, 2013. The driver and passenger seatback assemblies may have been produced with sub-standard weld joints used to attach the seat back recliner mechanism to the seat frame. The affected seat backs may have insufficient strength to meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 207, "Seating Systems."

Consequence
    The back of the subject seats may become loose or lean while driving and potentially increase the risk of injury in certain crashes.

• Recall Number
    16V875000
    Recall Date
    12/05/2016
    Component
    SEAT BELTS:FRONT
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured November 2, 2012, to July 31, 2014, and 2013-2015 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured November 14, 2012, to July 31, 2014. In the event of a crash, heat from the deployment of a seat belt pretensioner may cause a front seat belt anchor cable to fail.

Consequence
    If the driver or front passenger seatbelt cables cannot properly restrain the front seat occupants, they would be at an increased risk of injury.

• Recall Number
    15V246000
    Recall Date
    04/24/2015
    Component
    LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:DOORS:LATCH
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) notified the agency on April 23, 2015, that they are recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured July 1, 2012, to May 31, 2013, and 2012-2014 Fiesta vehicles manufactured February 1, 2012, to May 31, 2013. On April 30, 2015, Ford expanded the recall to cover an additional 119,567 vehicles, including certain model year 2011 Ford Fiestas manufactured from November 11, 2009, to May 31, 2013 and certain model year 2013 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured from February 1, 2012, to June 30, 2012. A component within the door latches may break making the doors difficult to latch and/or leading the driver or a passenger to believe a door is securely closed when, in fact, it is not.

Consequence
    A door that is not securely latched could open while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant.

• Recall Number
    17V210000
    Recall Date
    03/27/2017
    Component
    LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:DOORS:LATCH
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014 Ford Fiesta, 2013-2014 Ford Fusion and 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ vehicles. A component within the door latches may break making the doors difficult to latch and/or leading the driver or a passenger to believe a door is securely closed when, in fact, it is not.

Consequence
    A door that is not securely latched could open while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant.

• Recall Number
    18V169000
    Recall Date
    03/12/2018
    Component
    POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Ford Fusion vehicles equipped with a 1.6L GTDI engine and 6-speed manual transmission and 2015-2016 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with a 1.0L GTDI engine and 6-speed manual transmission. Also included are four 2017 Ford Focus vehicles that had clutch replacements with potentially affected parts. The clutch may fracture, resulting in damage to the transmission assembly and possibly a transmission fluid leak.

Consequence
    A transmission fluid leak in the presence of an ignition source such as hot engine or exhaust components can increase the risk of a fire.

• Recall Number
    17V209000
    Recall Date
    03/27/2017
    Component
    ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE
    Summary
    Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014 Escape, 2014-2015 Fiesta ST, 2013-2014 Fusion and 2013-2015 Transit Connect vehicles equipped with 1.6L GTDI engines. If the vehicle is started and driven with an insufficient level of coolant within the engine cooling system, the engine cylinder head may overheat, crack and leak oil.

Consequence
    If the cylinder head cracks and leaks oil, the oil may contact a hot engine or exhaust component, increasing the risk of a fire.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow. I'd hate to be the tech that gets assigned that repair order.

Thank you to your son for his service. Here's wishing him a safe return. :happy160:

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
God bless your son and your family. Nice of you to take care of his car!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I was looking at the dates and that sucker was supposed to go to the shop back in 2014 when the air bag could deploy at any second or the doors could open up by them self while going down the road...
it was safer for him to go into the service then to drive his car.
THANKS DAD!

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I understand that the recalls are for safety reasons. What ticks me off is that I bought my truck from the dealer, brand new, signed the paperwork, and the salesperson said " Ohh, sorry but we can't release this to you until the recall for the drag link is corrected". Picked it up 3 days later for a simple spot weld on a nut that would have taken me bout 1 minute to do. They couldn't have made the repair before putting it on the lot? STILL not real happy about that, not to mention that the truck is still misfiring after I took it in to them for a 3k oil change and to get a misfire issue fixed. They had the truck for 5 days, said the misfire problem was fixed. Driving home, still misfiring. Basically, 5 days for an oil change and front driveline lube. No tire rotation..nothing else done. Been so damn busy with working 10 hr days, 12 days on, 2 off, haven't had the time to take it back. I know that's my problem, but it would have been nice if it could have been fixed the first time I took it in.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
First off, it sucks you work that much. 2nd your dealer might not be the best option. Hopefully you can go to a different one. And check in with “Ram Cares”. They are on this forum and will see this through for you.

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
First off, it sucks you work that much. 2nd your dealer might not be the best option. Hopefully you can go to a different one. And check in with “Ram Cares”. They are on this forum and will see this through for you.
Thanks for the reply Trailmaker. Have to work that much because the job requires it..got a job to do, do it. Also, went to a different dealer about 15 miles away, made an appointment, was told a loaner was no problem, called the morning of and was told "sorry, no loaner available, can we reschedule?" Just cannot get the customer service nowadays, they act like they are going out of their way to do the job they are being paid to do. Ram Cares has contacted me, definitely sounds like they want to get involved.. it's on me to find the time to deal with this.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Thanks for the reply Trailmaker. Have to work that much because the job requires it..got a job to do, do it. Also, went to a different dealer about 15 miles away, made an appointment, was told a loaner was no problem, called the morning of and was told "sorry, no loaner available, can we reschedule?" Just cannot get the customer service nowadays, they act like they are going out of their way to do the job they are being paid to do. Ram Cares has contacted me, definitely sounds like they want to get involved.. it's on me to find the time to deal with this.
Yes sir I have been there. 6-6 and half day on Saturday...I missed 3 years of my son life to gain position in the company, I did it for the six figures it paid...:(
I have been married for 15 years and my wife has been a ton of help in these scenarios. If Ram Cares is involved, they will come drop off a loaner and pickup your truck from your work. Been there too.
My last post was sympathetic. I’m not trying to be a know it all, but helpful.:angels2: good luck to you sir.
Go Astros!!

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for the reply Trailmaker.. appreciated. Life seems to throw a bunch of #@&* at me all at once every now and then ;)

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
My favorite is the steering wheel one. They are so nonchalant about it, "A steering wheel detachment can cause a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash." I mean seriously, they can't bolt the f-ing steering wheel on right? Isn't that like car assembly 101?

Reminds me of "Flat Rate" Tommy at the Ford dealer I worked at many years ago. He was the alignment tech and to straighten the steering wheel he would take the nut off, drive down the road, pull the wheel off and put back on in the centered position. He did that one time with one of the lot porters in the car. The porter dam near had a heart attack. Wouldn't stop talking about it for a week.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Read your complaint of not getting a "loaner vehicle" when your vehicle is in for recall. Must have poor dealerships where you live. Here in Grand Junction, CO, my dealer ether has a loaner waiting or I can (my choosing) go to my salesman and he will loan me ether a used or new vehicle off the lot. Having that choice allows me to test drive other vehicles that I'm interested in or at least having a ride. The other option is a taxi service they provide that will deliver me to work or another appointment and then pick me up for the return trip to the dealer when the repairs or service is completed. Would give my dealer an A plus rating overall and now feel lucky to have them in my corner for so many different reasons through the 6 years I have dealt with them.