Don't have my truck yet...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm getting a Ram next November/December, and have just started the journey of trying to learn/decipher the trim packages, etc.

I'll be full-timing in a fifth wheel, and hopefully can find the one that suits me at around 10-12k weight.

Currently, top of the list is crew cab, diesel, long bed.

Lots to take in during the next year.

First question...is there a trim level that has a black bumper? Or, are those after market?

Thanks.

Nate4x4

The Vehicle Reader
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4x4
Welcome to the forum, is there a particular year you are looking at?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
welcome!!!!! I just joined too lol

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

There are some work truck models with black bumpers and grills, configured to the same style as the body colored and chrome counterparts. Most of those trucks are white and are bare bones units. With your intended use, having a back up camera, factory trailer brake controller and tow mirrors would be very useful.

For your application, I'd say a diesel SLT or Tradesman would fit your needs if you want a low-option truck that gives you a few more choices on equipment that you'd use while towing. The Big Horn is the next step up and does have some nice features without getting to option happy.

Good luck with your choice.