DON'T USE OPEN TOP LEVEL SPACERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too put in open top spacers. My squeak started from day one of having them on though. Sprayed every little bit of the front suspension and it didn’t quiet down. They are three inch. That’s Borderline for all stock components right?

So the general consensus is to eliminate the spacers and put in Bilstein 5100 shocks? Is the ride quality decent at a 3 inch adjustment? I love my trucks height now.
I set mine at 2.4. My factory stuff was absolutely shot. I gained over 3" of lift with the bils that came with new coils. I've heard that you're good for one notch under the highest recommended for your chassis/engine combo without having to swap UCAs to the tubulars. I've also.heard you can run them at the highest setting and the asphalt cowboy mall curb bouncers have zero troubles.

Mine at 2.4 on a ccsb hemi brought me perfectly level. I have no odd handling characteristics, the truck aligned with no trouble, and the ride is far from anything to.complain about. Especially considering that I bought the truck with a completely trashed suspension to begin with. I have zero complaints with them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

El Gallo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I set mine at 2.4. My factory stuff was absolutely shot. I gained over 3" of lift with the bils that came with new coils. I've heard that you're good for one notch under the highest recommended for your chassis/engine combo without having to swap UCAs to the tubulars. I've also.heard you can run them at the highest setting and the asphalt cowboy mall curb bouncers have zero troubles.

Mine at 2.4 on a ccsb hemi brought me perfectly level. I have no odd handling characteristics, the truck aligned with no trouble, and the ride is far from anything to.complain about. Especially considering that I bought the truck with a completely trashed suspension to begin with. I have zero complaints with them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

thanks. That makes me feel better about the decision. I appreciate it.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
@LeeS this is what I'm trying to explain. Obviously more extreme

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Andrew B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
New to the forum. Found while looking for answers to my front end squeak.
I installed 2” spacers about a year ago, and from what I’ve read my next project is to take them back out.

From there I guess new struts (might as well), then an alignment?

Are the Bilstein 5100 a good choice?
Does anyone have the part number?

I’d like to keep the front leveled but not prepared to toss out big cash.

Thanks.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
New to the forum. Found while looking for answers to my front end squeak.
I installed 2” spacers about a year ago, and from what I’ve read my next project is to take them back out.

From there I guess new struts (might as well), then an alignment?

Are the Blistein 5100 a good choice?
Does anyone have the part number?

Thanks.
Bilstein 5100s have been the go to for about a decade and are proven. That being said, they're a bit dated and there's a few options that may suit you better.

@Nick@GotExhaust is the go to vendor here and can get you setup with everything you want/need for you and your budget.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk