Door alignment tool, and forward pics to FCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took mine in because the door lines where way off, they sent it to a body shop and all is good now.

See this right here ? Never let the service department do body alignments . Ask for the body shop. Thank me later.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This post kills me for two reasons. 1 - OCD 2 - It's literally my job and responsibility at the plant I'm at.

I'm not sure what method they use at FCA for the truck line, we use a laser guided system with robots to grab the doors from a conveyor, place and bolt them.

Not sure how much i should disclose on the specifics. They get painted, then in final trim shop they're removed at the beginning of the line, then put back on after the interior is in. At this point they get final adjustment, if they don't meet specs or visuals at that point, they're taken off line for repair. At which point they call and ***** at me! :33:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guess it depends how tight specs are. My box is a quarter inch gap difference off the cab left to right and 1/4" over to the right difference from the left so both ways need a 1/8" adjustment still or the cab moved. My doors are actually fairly straight now, but the trim is brutal and once again it was close to 1/8" out. So maybe tolerance is in the 3mm range for fca.

OP
OP
FXCLM5

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I hate my dealer, im pretty sure they fukn dented my hood on my last oil change......

I have never parked my truck in my garage (wont fit) and have only opened my hood in my driveway and never dropped anything on it.

Since my gf picked it up and I was out of town, I didnt see it till like a week or 2 afterwards. I went on yelp for another reason and cant believe my ******* eyes but another ram owner stated same thing, dented hood after taking it in for service!

It gets worst, I complained passenger seatbelt doesnt work and needs 2-3x tries almost 50% of the time to engage. They validated the complaint ordered the part and it took me like 2+ months and ramcares involved for them to get me back in. Only to get the truck back with them replacing the driver side....... wow.

I have no fukn clue how they are still in business.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some cases with warranty work you might have to request a regional manager to look at the truck and he will tell them to fix it correct. Its called FIT and TRIM and Finish

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My mind is blown by this thread because I didn't even know banging on the hinge like that was a thing.... because shortly after I got my truck last year I noticed a strange bend where paint flaked off by the hinge on the inside of my door jamb. I thought about telling them but thought they'd try to blame it on me or something. But now it all makes sense... I'm going to take a picture tomorrow to see what you all think

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does this look like it was caused by adjustments? I dont know if u can tell in the pictures but it's almost as if there's a plate back behind the sheet metal that came forward and cracked the paint

15595977051141390699078534950502.jpg

15595977567195349714856246851959.jpg