door hinge grease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I use AR-15 barrel nut grease it works awesome

Wait. So there is a grease soooooo specialized that it is for exactly specifically only the nut of only the barrel of only the AR15. Really???
Wow, I would hate that. Then I'd have to get a different formulation for the bolt carrier key.
Then yet a different formulation for the bolt carrier part that is NOT the key.
Then yet a different formulation for the bolt itself....
Where does this rabid specialization end?
With five brands of WD-40-ish type general purpose spray already available, I think my brain is going to melt trying to match each marketed lube with each problem arouns my house...

More likely it is some common formulation marketed in different wrapper.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thanks JB1-going out to lube that specific disc today --and I love fluid film too-just don't get it on door seal rubber-I found some spots where I oversprayed on the lower door seal and the rubber swelled

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried many different things on the door hinges and IMO nothing works as well or outlasts Fluid Film.

It is designed to use as an underbody rust inhibitor like Krown so it creeps, repels water and lubricates.

I have my vehicles Krown coated every year and I see they sell that stuff in cans too so I may give that a try at some point but for me FF does the job.

Last edited:

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
On all other vehicles, over many years, I had success with white lithium spray, BUT on this truck I have tried two different brands, and it does nothing. Currently using 3-in-1, just because it was handy in the garage. Only last a few weeks, then back to groaning. I will try some of the other products mentioned, in hopes of lenghthening intervals.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I get the Krown treatment every spring and have Krown spray cans & fluid film cans for touch-ups the rest of the year. If there are rubber gaskets or bushings I will use the Krown can-for everything else including wiring I use the Fluid Film. I may be over-cautious but it gives me something to do on my lunch-break now and then its inexpensive if you only need touch-ups. I believe the yearly Krown treatment is the key. 7yrs is not very old but it looks new everytime I wash her-never seen an automated car-wash - only the spray down and standing back far enough to not pound grit into the paint.

MJCs18Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have a refillable pump oil can with a 4" neck that I fill with 20w non-detergent motor oil. I squirt a drip or two on the top of the roller and a drop on the top side of each flat part close to the hinge barrel. I then swing the door back and forth to work it in. Works great, and I only need to oil it again in a year.

ricci427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the same squeak, wasn't exactly sure which hinge was making it, glad to of seen the video, will be fixing this tonight.

Reactions: JB1

BarbersBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wait. So there is a grease soooooo specialized that it is for exactly specifically only the nut of only the barrel of only the AR15. Really???
Wow, I would hate that. Then I'd have to get a different formulation for the bolt carrier key.
Then yet a different formulation for the bolt carrier part that is NOT the key.
Then yet a different formulation for the bolt itself....
Where does this rabid specialization end?
With five brands of WD-40-ish type general purpose spray already available, I think my brain is going to melt trying to match each marketed lube with each problem arouns my house...

More likely it is some common formulation marketed in different wrapper.

Actually, the barrel nut has to be torqued very precisely for best accuracy. The grease has just the right lubricity so that you don't under our over torque.