Door lock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Carrasco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having an issue with my truck power locks on my 2009 Ram 1500 4.7L. When I use the remote it won't lock the doors, but if doors are locked it will unlock both doors. Also the Driver side door power lock won't lock or in lock doors. But the passenger side will. Any ideas?

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have 2 remotes and if so both won't lock the doors?
For driver door switch you could have either the switch itself or a wire failure right between the door and the body.
Is the truck new to you?

OP
OP
D

Daniel Carrasco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No just one remote and the truck is used I bought it a yr ago and this just started about a month ago.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If rain might have gotten into the door switch you can always take it out and try WD40. If water got in it should also.

When the switch is exposed take note of the wire colors and check the area where they get flexed between the door and body as well as the plug.
Common problem in many high usage vehicles. Even lower mileage doesn't mean driver door wasn't used a lot in cold temperatures. Door may even have been removed in the past and plug not quite right.