Door panel clip swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neonhomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, this is the first vehicle that the door panel retaining clips are a PITA to get out.

I need to order some new ones for my 99 Ram, but I was wondering if the clips that are used on the Jeep ZJ would work? They are the same plastic, but are easier to pull out compared to the stock Ram ones...

Also, what a good way to reglue the water barrier back to the door frame?

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just tape it back on. As far as door panels go, you need the proper tool for removal, then it,s easy.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Water barrier, I generally remove or use strong sticky duct tape, not the cheap $3 roll.

For the trim clips I bought some white ones on amazon 50x for $7.99 I want to say. I use them on all vehicles that I need something but they were made for the ram lol

OP
OP
neonhomer

neonhomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up some of the original style ones on eBay, and some that were for my Jeep as well. The idea was to make the panel easily removable without having to replace clips.

I bought the tool as well, so I think I will just use the original clips. I don't want to put the door back together yet, as I want to swap the door speaker out before I do.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Maybe you can find some clips for older vehicles that were made of metal that were meant to be re-used over and over.

100011.jpg