Double din upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to be purchasing a double din Eonon radio for my 2007 truck. In there right now is the REF radio. Im also buying the center stack thing to fit the double din. Only like 100 bucks so its worth it imo. Just wondering how the wiring will connect. Is there a harness I need to buy separately? I've never done something like this before. I see the harnesses online that say they won't connect to radios with factory amps but im not sure if mine has a factory amp. Its the 4 speaker, regular radio setup. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi. Yes, you should get a 'smart harness' for your truck so it all plays nicely and you retain your "Retained Accessory Power" (IE the radio stays on after you key off, before you open your doors).

The 2007 trucks have CanBus so it's not just a wiring harness, it's got a little module too. MetraOnline dot com is a great source for such a harness & module. I've installed them before and it worked great!

Not saying it's the only option, but it's a good one! Whatever you do, don't use t-taps or cheap wire connectors. Get quality non-insulated crimp connectors or solder the joints and heat shrink them all. When you never have to touch it again, you'll thank yourself.

OP
OP
jmd4100

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi. Yes, you should get a 'smart harness' for your truck so it all plays nicely and you retain your "Retained Accessory Power" (IE the radio stays on after you key off, before you open your doors).

The 2007 trucks have CanBus so it's not just a wiring harness, it's got a little module too. MetraOnline dot com is a great source for such a harness & module. I've installed them before and it worked great!

Not saying it's the only option, but it's a good one! Whatever you do, don't use t-taps or cheap wire connectors. Get quality non-insulated crimp connectors or solder the joints and heat shrink them all. When you never have to touch it again, you'll thank yourself.
Great thank you so much!!! After I read this I went to the audio shop and got a Axxess XSVI-6502-NAV which has the module for the CAN-bus you mentioned. Thanks so much for your help! I got the unit in the mail and I was stumped when I saw the different connections [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956