DPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Primetime26

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500HD
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hello all, I have a 2020 ram diesel with 23,00 miles on it and need some help on a DPF that has been to the dealer twice to reset a check engine code that came on when it was doing its regen, last visit they updated software and it did do a regn when traveling thru Arizona last week and went to 0%,and no check engine,drove it twice since then and it's almost at 50% already,should I have them put a new one on from warranty,or just keep burning the soot on long runs,seems to be a little excessive,and what's a good OBD so I can force a manual regen,thxs for the help

Kcduncan154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2019 6.7 CHD, had to have the DPF replaced under warranty, mechanics told me it disintegrated (this was at 29,000 miles). They ordered a new filter and welded it on. Fast forward to yesterday at approx 39,000 miles, and I got a message and code P244A, dealer maintenance required. Has anyone had similar issues? First time deisel owner, wondering if it is operator error. Now considering either replace or go the other, straight, direction. At this point it depends if it is covered or not.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’d do whatever is going to be less of a burden down the road.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If not covered, I’d let it fall off......
Yes because that's the answer to everything. Lots of people live where that is simply not an option.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Id push the dealer for a new one as long as its covered, if its not straight pipe.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Yes because that's the answer to everything. Lots of people live where that is simply not an option.
Around here, they use so much brine and salt in the winter.......I’d still let it fall off. I don’t live in liberal, tree hugger utopia, thank goodness.