Drag Link Adjuster for the VO6 recall debacle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, that would work. That is exactly what is used for the tie-rod adjustment.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I was told by the service manager , that they just spot weld the current drag link. And if needed they just grind off the spot welds to adjust. I know when I had mine fixed during the recall, I swapped tires at the same time, so they had to pick up the charge for the alignment, prior to welding the drag link.

OP
OP
Snyd

Snyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was told by the service manager , that they just spot weld the current drag link. And if needed they just grind off the spot welds to adjust. I know when I had mine fixed during the recall, I swapped tires at the same time, so they had to pick up the charge for the alignment, prior to welding the drag link.

Ya I know. My dealer said, and I quote..."you will have to pay to have them un-welded and re-welded"...

I'm thinking they should just replace the current adjuster with this new part.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It sucks but save yourselves the time, hassle and headache worrying about this and just buy an aftermarket drag link. Well worth the $300 + install for the peace of mind. With some of the maintenance BS FCA is giving everyone lately I'm glad I bought the MaxCare as this will probably be my last FCA purchase.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Changed my oil and grease my suspension today. Checked my drag link marks I put in. All still lined up nothing has moved. Cost $$ lol

OP
OP
Snyd

Snyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It sucks but save yourselves the time, hassle and headache worrying about this and just buy an aftermarket drag link. Well worth the $300 + install for the peace of mind. With some of the maintenance BS FCA is giving everyone lately I'm glad I bought the MaxCare as this will probably be my last FCA purchase.

What do these aftermarket parts do to our Lifetime MaxCare Warranty?

At this point the blue lines from the factory are still lined up on mine. I'm thinkin I'll get a 41mm crowfoot for my torque wrench and check em from time to time. It just gravels me though. I bought a new truck with a warranty because I got tired of crawling under and working on my old rig! I just want to drive the thing! I don't want to wrench on it! Been there done that enough the last 45 years!

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Should not affect warranty. I replaced with Synergy and had it inspected by the Dealer to remove the recall.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do these aftermarket parts do to our Lifetime MaxCare Warranty?

At this point the blue lines from the factory are still lined up on mine. I'm thinkin I'll get a 41mm crowfoot for my torque wrench and check em from time to time. It just gravels me though. I bought a new truck with a warranty because I got tired of crawling under and working on my old rig! I just want to drive the thing! I don't want to wrench on it! Been there done that enough the last 45 years!

Should not affect warranty. I replaced with Synergy and had it inspected by the Dealer to remove the recall.

Well I would certainly not expect the dealer to warranty the drag link at that point, but if your tranny blows or the stereo quits working they cant deny that....

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My marks stayed lined up until I had one of the front tires loose a belt. It was one the stock junk NEXEN tires, but thats another story. It shook the front end ,so bad, it broke loose the drag link. I would assume, eventually if you hit a pot hole or some other object it could break any of them loose eventually.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I refuse to take mine in and have it welded, there are so many pictures of the hack welds they do its unreal. When they start replacing the whole draglink I'll take it in. I put med strength loctite on mine and tightened the hell outta it. Been tight for months even after a week of beach driving still locked up tight

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mark Overholt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I feel the grief, my 18’ 2500 had it’s nuts welded before I realized what the recall fix would be, this is BS! Who pays for the extra cost when I need realigned? Who takes ownership of the draglink after my shop cuts the weld and rewelds ? I think the manufacture needs to man up and replace the part and not put a bandaid on a $55K truck

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I refuse to take mine in and have it welded, there are so many pictures of the hack welds they do its unreal. When they start replacing the whole draglink I'll take it in. I put med strength loctite on mine and tightened the hell outta it. Been tight for months even after a week of beach driving still locked up tight

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here’s the hack job just done on my dads truck... no way this ******** fix is happening to my truck
ce3f84d12dda976fe7fa78426c1bee93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Here’s the hack job just done on my dads truck... no way this ******** fix is happening to my truck
ce3f84d12dda976fe7fa78426c1bee93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horrible job.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
A lot of so called techs don’t know how to weld!
Mine was welded by an off-roading enthusiast and fabricator.
Good clean tack weld.
This man also done my alignment at the same time
I’m not impressed with the recommendations from FCA
But a good mechanic and welder can make it look good and still be serviceable.
My service advisor also said that the next alignment and repair of the drag link is on fca with new revised parts. I’m really proud that I have an outstanding service department at Hoyte Dodge Ram Sherman Texas

The Blue Mule

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Changed my oil and grease my suspension today. Checked my drag link marks I put in. All still lined up nothing has moved. Cost $$ lol
Off topic i just bought my truck a little better than 2 weeks ago (mine is welded...********) anyway you can tell me all the grease points in the suspension i havent looked all that hard for them yet but i didnt see any when i was looking to see if my drag link was welded or not.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Off topic i just bought my truck a little better than 2 weeks ago (mine is welded...********) anyway you can tell me all the grease points in the suspension i havent looked all that hard for them yet but i didnt see any when i was looking to see if my drag link was welded or not.
There’s only the joint on the front drive shaft that’s stock. I have Thuren lift in my truck so I have grease points on my trackbars and sway bar links.