Drag link update install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had my drag link installed yesterday. Impressive it took almost 4 hours. I had to adjust my steering myself as the steering wheel was about 20 degrees off. That is all.

OP
OP
O

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Straightened out the steering wheel. Took 5 minutes.
Also, steering is much tighter. I am thinking these need to be replaced every 75,000 miles. Feels like a new truck.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd be pretty unhappy if they spent 4 hours on it and the wheel wasn't straight. But glad you got the fix. I also have the updated, recalled drag link on my 18. The no weld version. Didn't change anything with the steering effort or tightness, but I was at about 34K when it was done.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yes, mine does not steer any different before or after, but I'm glad I have a good link under my truck that wont come apart like the defective ones and is not welded. Something I never allowed as that's not a proper repair to an designed adjustable steering component.

OP
OP
O

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is at 114,000 miles. Those ball joints won't last forever.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I didn't investigate the recall and they welded it. Oh, well. Higher priority trying to keep the engine and drivetrain alive.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
You could still contact @RamCares and see if they can assist you. I would request that it be replaced with the new/updated link like they did for me and several others. Kailyn was great. I dont know if she is still there or not.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still have the welded one. @RamCares never contacted me after my requests last year.
I'll just wait for it to wear and buy my own.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Everyone,
If you'd like additional assistance in addressing this drag link weld, feel free to follow up with us in private message.

Sarah
Ram Cares

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Hi Everyone,
If you'd like additional assistance in addressing this drag link weld, feel free to follow up with us in private message.

Sarah
Ram Cares
Nice Sarah, thanks for posting and reaching out. Hopefully some of the members who still have the issue will reach out.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd be pretty unhappy if they spent 4 hours on it and the wheel wasn't straight. But glad you got the fix.

You think that's bad, when I had mine replaced I waited ~3 hours at the dealer. They pulled the truck around and said it's all done you are ready to go. I go to leave and decide to look under the truck just to see what it looks like and........ It's the original drag link Still installed!!! I lost my mind at that point. 3 hours and all they did was check the torque on the bolts while the new drag link was sitting in the bosses office.
Needless to say they swapped it asap, wheel was not straight but I told them I'll do it right myself when I get home and I left never to return to them for anything...

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
You think that's bad, when I had mine replaced I waited ~3 hours at the dealer. They pulled the truck around and said it's all done you are ready to go. I go to leave and decide to look under the truck just to see what it looks like and........ It's the original drag link Still installed!!! I lost my mind at that point. 3 hours and all they did was check the torque on the bolts while the new drag link was sitting in the bosses office.
Needless to say they swapped it asap, wheel was not straight but I told them I'll do it right myself when I get home and I left never to return to them for anything...

Not good, I remember reading about your ordeal at the time. I have a good
Local dealer who took care of me after I did all the leg work with ram to get the replacement link to the dealer to install. The install went well

Prior to that, they were basically useless, claimed ram wouldn't let them help and eventually they got what I'd consider disrespectful and unprofessional about it. They have a lot to learn about how customer support after the sale plays into repeat customers and good word of mouth, which could easily be negative.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Sarah (I think it's the same Sarah ;) ) helped get my request into process. How can I check on the status of my Drag Link Replacement Case? Or how do we do "private messaging"?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am so happy @RamCares is stepping up and getting all of these replaced . It will be great not to see all of the posts inquiring. Thanks @RamCares for all the help, even though I drive a 1500 .

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I called RamCares and requested they provide a drag link to address the safety recall. It was assigned a case number and within 3 days it was approved. They ordered the drag link and it was delivered to my dealer within 3 weeks. I've made the appt with the dealer to get it done, along with a few other things I want them to look at. So far, so good

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I called RamCares and requested they provide a drag link to address the safety recall. It was assigned a case number and within 3 days it was approved. They ordered the drag link and it was delivered to my dealer within 3 weeks. I've made the appt with the dealer to get it done, along with a few other things I want them to look at. So far, so good
That's excellent! Good stuff

RamShark1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too have received approval to replace my drag link by Ram Cares/FCA. Although I have to wait for the part(est possibly 3 weeks) to get to my dealer. Meanwhile I had ordered the Synergy upgrade drag link back on March 19th that just now(6-1) arrived at 4WP for pick up.
I wonder how the Ram upgrade replacement compares to the Synergy part, as Ram won’t cover installation of the Synergy part. Anyone know?

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Update: When I was notified that the drag link was delivered to the dealership, I scheduled the appt for the V06 recall, as well as had them look into an oil leak (another post) and the 45k service. The list took approx 7 business days. During the time, I checked in a few times to check status. I just had a sneaking feeling, call me suspicious. When they called to say it was ready, I ran down the list of what they did. When we got to the safety recall (drag link) I stated that they were to replace the drag link, and the service person said "The drag link passed but the nuts didn't, so what we do is..." I cut him off and said "You are not welding the nuts. I had the new drag link delivered to you and it should be in your parts dept". He said, let me check. Calls me back and says, sorry, you're right, we'll get that replaced and you can pick it up in a few hours. If I had arrived to pick up my truck and had seen welded nuts, I would have exploded. I am assuming bad communication on their part, but a happy ending none-the-less.