Drifting my 2500 CCLB today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Well, it's been a month since it rained last in Knoxville, TN.
This morning, the drought ended. Had to run wife's glasses to her job at 09:00 and it was raining real good.
As I was getting into the entrance ramp for Rt 40W, Big White did a two step on me and slowly slid out to the left. Oil's been building up on the concrete ramp with no rain to wash it away.
She woulda come right back if I lifted but, I was smiling and I let her hang out for 3 or 4 seconds. She's very slow and predictable with that almost 22 foot length. Not snappy. Had so much fun, I let her out again and again if nobody was around.
I keep traction control off & tow/haul mode on, always. That LSD spinning both tires just reminds me of craziness done years ago. Only thing different is the color of my hair.[emoji41].

Seriously though, it didn't rain long enough to get all that oil off the roads. Brother bikers, be careful if you get caught in it.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha, speaking of bikers. Back in 2010, I did the exact same scenario on a Yamaha FJR1300. Light rain, on ramp, 3rd gear. The rear tire came around the left side about 45 degrees. Straightened her out, and then proceeded to pull the seat out of my ***. :eek:

OP
OP
RoadRamblerNJ

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Ha, speaking of bikers. Back in 2010, I did the exact same scenario on a Yamaha FJR1300. Light rain, on ramp, 3rd gear. The rear tire came around the left side about 45 degrees. Straightened her out, and then proceeded to pull the seat out of my ***. :eek:
Yup. Not cool on a bike. Had that pucker factor a time or 10. I rode many a mile in the rain in the last 40+ yrs. You learn to respect it. You also stay away from the middle of the lane. The first half hour is real dicey. A good long rain gets rid of most of the oil.

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
when all the oil starts to come up. Had that happen a few times where black bestie (ram 2500) kicked out, weeee!!! or riding around on the Indian Motorcycle (no fun on the bike)