Driver Door Module controls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kanstul1600

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Tried Google, but maybe I’m not using the correct words. Can anyone tell me what each of the connection ports control in the driver/passenger door module? I had to replace the side view mirrors on my (new to me) 2012 1500. The old mirrors had a black connector only, while the new mirrors had a black, and a white connector. I know black goes in number 2 (power mirror movement), and white into number 1. Just curious what port 1 controls so I know what switch to add.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOOK at your wire connector

They are keyed & you can't force it in the wrong hole, without breaking something

look at the shapes of the slots

1664683537279.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
kanstul1600

kanstul1600

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks, perhaps my question was misunderstood. I’m not concerned with which port the white connector goes into, I was looking for what those wires ultimately control, because there was no white connector into port 1 from the mirrors that I just replaced. I was hoping for some type of diagram that lists: port 2 - power mirror movement, etc.

Digi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ever get any information on this? Think one of mine is causing an issue, I can roll down all the windows except passenger front and the power mirror won't work. Trying to find out whether it's the passenger side one or the driver side module that might be bad. Already ruled out the switch on drivers side as it's brand new.