Driver Side Seat Cover Unclipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bailey K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recently picked up a gently used, but in great condition 2019 Ram 1500. After a few days, I noticed that the driver side seat cover was coming unclipped underneath. Does anyone else have this problem? and is there any easier fix than just taking it to the dealer?

Thanks!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Recently picked up a gently used, but in great condition 2019 Ram 1500. After a few days, I noticed that the driver side seat cover was coming unclipped underneath. Does anyone else have this problem? and is there any easier fix than just taking it to the dealer?

Thanks!
If the clips are still in good condition and not broken or cracked on the ends then you can reinstall them yourself. Put some downward pressure on the cover/cushion and attach the clip to the seat frame. Pretty simple fix if the clips are not damaged.

OP
OP
B

Bailey K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If the clips are still in good condition and not broken or cracked on the ends then you can reinstall them yourself. Put some downward pressure on the cover/cushion and attach the clip to the seat frame. Pretty simple fix if the clips are not damaged.

i have tried that once, but it came unclipped as soon as I sat back down in it, unfortunately

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i have tried that once, but it came unclipped as soon as I sat back down in it, unfortunately
If it keeps coming loose once you sit in the seat I suspect that you are not getting it clipped all the way into position. It can take some elbow grease on some to really get them snapped into place. It may feel like it's clipped in but you may only have it on the edge.

Take a flash light and inspect the black clip and see if any of the clip is damaged. It may be stretched or cracked and not providing a secure attachment.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
If it's the clip under the front, it's a regular occurrence. Not just Rams but Fords too. The first time or two it's a pain in the keester to get it to snap in place. No real fix other than getting it clipped in place then using a couple of hog rings to keep it from popping loose. It's not worth having the dealer replace it. It'll come loose again anyway

msedly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently purchased a 2019 that was loose when I test drove it. Had the dealer fix it, but it popped back off within a few days. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if this is a regular thing.

Is there really no way to get it to stay long-term?

msedly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I saw that, but most folks probably don't have hog rings or a proper crimping tool.

Brought mine back by the dealer because I didn't feel like messing with it. The dealers have been told to use hog rings to secure it so you're definitely right. They put 4 on each of the front seats and seems to be holding so far.

JimmyC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was off and I reinstalled it several times, but it kept coming off. Had my truck at the dealer today for something else and mentioned the seat problem. They tell me it’s fixed but I haven’t picked it up yet. We’ll see.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I saw that, but most folks probably don't have hog rings or a proper crimping tool.

Brought mine back by the dealer because I didn't feel like messing with it. The dealers have been told to use hog rings to secure it so you're definitely right. They put 4 on each of the front seats and seems to be holding so far.

Mine was off and I reinstalled it several times, but it kept coming off. Had my truck at the dealer today for something else and mentioned the seat problem. They tell me it’s fixed but I haven’t picked it up yet. We’ll see.

Hi @msedly & @JimmyC - If you end up having to address this any further with your dealers, please know that we are just a private message away and always happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Fighter79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Disel
Had the same problem for years. Easy fix fold plastic piece back to where it's flush. Grab 4 self tapping screws, clamp before, and put in your screws. You can't really see them without leaning down, but black Sharpe if you Don't have black screws.

Attachments

• 20240224_145933.jpg
    20240224_145933.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240224_145949.jpg
    20240224_145949.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240224_150010.jpg
    20240224_150010.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240224_150105.jpg
    20240224_150105.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 4

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the same problem for years. Easy fix fold plastic piece back to where it's flush. Grab 4 self tapping screws, clamp before, and put in your screws. You can't really see them without leaning down, but black Sharpe if you Don't have black screws.
I’m having the same issue on my 2024. I’ve re-connected twice but it keeps coming unsnapped. Going to do the self tapping screw thing, mentioned above.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock