Drivetrain Rebuild Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottylangman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins Diesel
Hey friends,

My 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Manual just lost its' front hub assembly. I am so in love with this truck but frustrated by the drivetrain issues that seem to be quite common with others too. (i.e. wheel bearings, u-joint, now the whole hub assembly).

What I am hoping for input on is: Is anyone aware of a full drivetrain replacement anyone has done to mitigate these issues?

I'm not worried about if the truck is worth it or not. I'm in the works of doing a full restoration and would love to set the truck up for long-term success in the drivetrain.

Thanks for any help and advice!

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
I would suspect that living in Canada your winters are pretty harsh with lots of salt on the roads..

I live in California so we dont have those issues related to harsh winters or salted roads, at least not near the city (Bay area).
However, I would think having a full on replacement of the drivetrain would be in your best interest if you plan on keeping the truck for many years to come. Long term, I feel that would be the best option.
Also look into weatherizing the undercarriage with LineX type of coating, especially the frame.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
goggle - dynatrac dodge truck free-spin kit. Not cheap but dynatrac sells top notch stuff

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk