DRL Alpha OBD - Third Gen Trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerry Yushchyshyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hello. I am new to the forum, although I have read through more posts I can count. I have found all kinds of threads and posts about daytime running lights for trucks newer than mine, but I have been unable to locate specifics for a third gen. My wife is getting pissy as I am up, while she is trying to sleep, trying to locate this specific information.:boxing:

I would like to ask for assistance please, to turn off my daytime running lights through Alpha OBD - that is currently my only ask.

I am full aware that they are required in Canada; however, I need to solve my Alpha Rex Luxx LED headlight issue of all low beams and high beams illuminating as soon as I release the park brake, along with light out issues. A link, video, or link to other known lists would be very much appreciated.

Truck: 2007 Dodge MegaCab 5.9L G56

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well, I don't have a 3rd Gen, but I did turn the DRLs on for my 4th Gen and I've done a fair amount of stuff with Alpha. I would start with doing a dump of your BCM to a text file that you can search. Then do searches for the terms "Daytime" and "DRL" and see what comes up.

I've listed the DRL items I've played with on the 4th Gen below to give you an idea of what sort of things to look for.

CBC Config I/O:
Right Dedicated DRL Lamp/Right Signature LED Present/Right Front Turn Signal #2/Headlamp Leveling Output Present: Yes
Left Dedicated DRL Lamps/ Left Front Turn Signal #2/Left Signature LED Present : Yes

CBC Features:
DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
DRL Lamp Location: Dedicated
DRL Dropout Enabled: Yes
LED Dedicated DRL Present: Yes

ECUConfig3:
DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Yes

Cust.Prog.Features:
Daytime Running Lamps: Enabled

Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Daytime running lights CSM Present: Yes

-K

OP
OP
K

Kerry Yushchyshyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
kad,

Thank you very much. Few of the irems translated to the list within '06-12 menus; however, it did give me confidence to "play" with three items found. Not sure which actually worked before going for a drive, but whichever setting it was, I no longer have DRL.

I do know that setting to HID enabled, did nothing to cure PWM and both low beams dropped out - had to use anti-flicker modules regardless.

Reactions: kad

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956