Drone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Isn't there also a noise cancellation in the radio on 2019's - sends a sound through the speakers to cancel MDS minor drone???

klodge741

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe but not sure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Musky Mike

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Isn't there also a noise cancellation in the radio on 2019's - sends a sound through the speakers to cancel MDS minor drone???
Yes, the dealer said I had the most current software. The drone was so bad in PA, it sounded like a big rig using the engine brake. The drone hasn't happened since I returned from PA.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Pa. and other than it being the wettest year in recorded history I don't know what else it could be.
Maybe you hit a groundhog and fixed it :)

It is possible, the adaptive systems have changed a bit. See if it comes back.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
people on other forums have disconnected the ANC and got rid of the droning sound. that's what I did. also made the radio sound a little better.

OP
OP
Musky Mike

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
people on other forums have disconnected the ANC and got rid of the droning sound. that's what I did. also made the radio sound a little better.
How do you disconnect the ANC? What are the draw backs if it is disconnected?

Last edited:

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I noticed more drone when I warm up the truck for about 10mins or more before I drive. If I only do a 3-5 min warn up, its fine. Idk, but that helped me.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
How do you disconnect the ANC? What are the draw backs if it is disconnected?

there are some posts about it. you unplug the mics from the amp under the driver seat. I have not had any adverse effects from it. radio seems a little clearer. I guess there could be more road noise with out it working to cancel it out but my laramie is still very quiet.