DTC U110e?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody know what this is for the 2013 Ram 1500(Laramie Longhorn)? The check engine light is on but it wouldn't tell me anything so I went to autozone so they could read it for me. On the way there an alert popped up in my instrument cluster and told me that my right rear turn signal was out but it works just fine. They gave me a code at autozone but he told me he didn't have a definition for it. I can't find anything specifically for the truck but other Chrysler vehicles come up when I search the code. What I've most commonly seen is the ambient temperature sensor, is this correct?

OP
OP

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe the sensor was the problem. I found another thread that showed the sensor and I wiped it off and the check engine light is gone now.

rcmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
U110E (Permanent)

I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn with 6.4 l cummins turbo. I get this code on the OBDII scan tool after noting "Right Rear Stop light out" on the Digital dash. IT is not out, so now I am not sure what to do. I also noted on an unrelated note that I occasionally get a "Service DEF system, see dealer" briefly and only once in a while. It is also true that since having purchased the truck used about 1000 miles ago (with 58000 miles on it) my dash panel reports 100% DEF and it has not moved since I bought the truck. Admittedly I drove it from Oklahoma to southern New Mexico running interstate almost all the way, it still seems to me that I should have some indication by now of that some of it has been used.
This is the first diesel I have ever owned though I have driven thousands of miles in other vehicles that were diesels. I am looking for any useful/helpful information that you might be able to provide.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn with 6.4 l cummins turbo. I get this code on the OBDII scan tool after noting "Right Rear Stop light out" on the Digital dash. IT is not out, so now I am not sure what to do. I also noted on an unrelated note that I occasionally get a "Service DEF system, see dealer" briefly and only once in a while. It is also true that since having purchased the truck used about 1000 miles ago (with 58000 miles on it) my dash panel reports 100% DEF and it has not moved since I bought the truck. Admittedly I drove it from Oklahoma to southern New Mexico running interstate almost all the way, it still seems to me that I should have some indication by now of that some of it has been used.
This is the first diesel I have ever owned though I have driven thousands of miles in other vehicles that were diesels. I am looking for any useful/helpful information that you might be able to provide.
As far as your brake light out message goes I would suggest checking your third brake light. For whatever reason when it burns out it comes up on the screen as a tail light.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I also noted on an unrelated note that I occasionally get a "Service DEF system, see dealer" briefly and only once in a while. It is also true that since having purchased the truck used about 1000 miles ago (with 58000 miles on it) my dash panel reports 100% DEF and it has not moved since I bought the truck.

Fill up the def tank to see how much it takes, if it takes a lot then you'll know something is wrong with the gauge or sender.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Anybody know what this is for the 2013 Ram 1500(Laramie Longhorn)? The check engine light is on but it wouldn't tell me anything so I went to autozone so they could read it for me. On the way there an alert popped up in my instrument cluster and told me that my right rear turn signal was out but it works just fine. They gave me a code at autozone but he told me he didn't have a definition for it. I can't find anything specifically for the truck but other Chrysler vehicles come up when I search the code. What I've most commonly seen is the ambient temperature sensor, is this correct?

This code is definitely the Ambient Air Temp (AAT) code. I can't copy & paste the entire diagnostic procedure, but basically it says to test/replace the BCM, and if that doesn't fix it, replace the sensor. If that doesn't fix it, start troubleshooting wires and connectors for corrosion, chafing, etc. I'm not saying I agree with this order/method of troubleshooting, but that is what the book says. Below is some info on the sensor and it's theory of operation. Hope this helps.

"The ambient air temperature sensor (3) is a variable resistor, constructed of molded black plastic, that monitors the air temperature outside of the vehicle. It includes and integral connector (2) that encloses two terminal pins. The Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) heating and A/C system uses the ambient temperature sensor data to maintain optimum cabin temperature levels. The ambient air temperature sensor is mounted inside the left outside rear view mirror and the sensor tip (1) protrudes out the bottom of the housing."

U110E-LOST AMBIENT TEMPERATURE MESSAGE

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information .

Theory of Operation

The Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) Sensor signal is a direct input to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM transmits the ambient temperature message to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) over the CAN C bus.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs when the following conditions are met:

- With the ignition on.

- Battery voltage between 9.0 and 16.0 volts.

Set Conditions:

- The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) either doesn't receive a bus message or receives an implausible bus message from the Body Control Module (BCM).
Default Actions:

- The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes:
- Body Control Module (BCM)
- AAT Sensor
- AAT Sensor Wiring Issue