DUAL BATTERY AND WIRING RACK ( NEED ADDITIONAL HELP )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
OK GUYS GO OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I HAVE BEEN REVIEWING ALOT OF THE THREADS AND GATHERING IDEAS OF HOW I WANT TO DO MY SYSTEM, AS I WANT TO RUN A 12" JLW6 AND MY BOX CHOICES ARE LIMITED I WENT WITH NETAUDIO, I ALSO HAVE HAD MANY SYSTEMS OVER THE YEARS AND HATE HATE HATE LIGHT DIMMING, LACK OF POWER ( 12V POWER ) AND JUST ALL AROUND WANTED TO DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME, AND MAKE SURE IT WAS CLEAN.

SO AFTER REVIEWING THREADS I DECIDED TO MAKE A 3/4" MDF BACK WALL, I COULD OF LEFT IT SQUARE BUT DECIDED TO ROUTER THE EDGES MAKE IT LOOK CLEAN AND SPRAYED IT WITH BEDLINER/UNDERCOATING.

I MOUNTED ALL MY DISTRIBUTION BLOCKS, MY BATTERY ISOLATOR, AND THE SECOND BATTERY ON THE BOARD AS THE NETAUDIO BOX I ORDERED HAS THE AMP RACK BUILT IN TO IT

SYSTEM WILL BE A TOTAL OF 3 AMPS
- JL XD 600/1
- JL XD 400/4
- JL XD 200/2
- JL 12" W6V3
- JL C5 6.5" COMPONENTS FRONT DOORS
- JL C2 6X9 REAR DOOR
- INFINITY KAPPA 300M 3.5" MID-RANGE IN THE DASH

HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!!!!

I AM UNDECIDED IF I WANT TO RUN A DSP EITHER AN AUDISON OR JL TWK 88 OR SOMETHING ALONG THOS LINES

HERE IS MY FINISHED PHOTO OF THE RACK AND WIRING

ou2yao.jpg

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
your lights can still dim with a 2 battery setup, get a bigger alternator pushing out more amps

OP
OP
T

Tom713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
your lights can still dim with a 2 battery setup, get a bigger alternator pushing out more amps

I AGREE AND KNOW THAT, MY TRUCK IS A 2500 WITH THE PLOW READY KIT SO MY ALTERNATOR IS THE 220 AMPS WHICH I BELIEVE SHOULD BE ENOUGH

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I AGREE AND KNOW THAT, MY TRUCK IS A 2500 WITH THE PLOW READY KIT SO MY ALTERNATOR IS THE 220 AMPS WHICH I BELIEVE SHOULD BE ENOUGH

as for the dsp, i would run the fosate DSR1, but im bias as thats what i run plus its a controlled by your phone. its an awesome unit

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Between the two, Audison bit one, especially if you want full control of your rear fill speakers, which you should

OP
OP
T

Tom713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Between the two, Audison bit one, especially if you want full control of your rear fill speakers, which you should

forgot to mention im not running off stock head unit, im running and alpine X208U 8" Head unit, it had the "AlpineTuneIT" app so i just dont wanna add a dsp if its not needed or for it to cancel things out

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well then what are you really looking for cause now its all confusing. at the beginning your asking about running a dsp, now you dont need a dsp cause its built in to the HU, you ask about dimming headlights but you say u already an upgraded alternator........sounds to me like you got everything needed

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I had a Bit One and it’s not that great. You’ll need 9 channels of output since you’re running three-way front, rears, and sub. Your Alpine (as far as I can tell) doesn’t have three way DSP capability. I’m running the same setup and had to go from the Bit One to a Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace in order to get enough outputs.

You could get away with an 8 channel DSP and use the Alpine’s sub output as the 9th channel. The Dayton 408 could be a low cost option in this case.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m also running a 12W6V3 in a Net Audio box and it’s great.

As far as a 2nd battery and light dimming go, I’m running 3 high power class A/B amps and a class D sub amp on a single battery in a 1500 with no issues. If you like to park and crank it then a 2nd battery on a solenoid as insurance might be a good idea.

OP
OP
T

Tom713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
well then what are you really looking for cause now its all confusing. at the beginning your asking about running a dsp, now you dont need a dsp cause its built in to the HU, you ask about dimming headlights but you say u already an upgraded alternator........sounds to me like you got everything needed

ive never run a dsp before, im asking if the said tuning app in the radio will be good enough or should i go external. and as far as dimming lights i was just stating instead of a cap i ran a 2nd battery

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I had a Bit One and it’s not that great. You’ll need 9 channels of output since you’re running three-way front, rears, and sub. Your Alpine (as far as I can tell) doesn’t have three way DSP capability. I’m running the same setup and had to go from the Bit One to a Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace in order to get enough outputs.

You could get away with an 8 channel DSP and use the Alpine’s sub output as the 9th channel. The Dayton 408 could be a low cost option in this case.

I had one too and I didn't like it lol...I just mentioned it cause the OP had Audison as a dsp choice.
OP, get a stand alone dsp and set that system up for success....that HU's dsp won't have near the tuning capabilities as most external dsp units. I like Mosconi, Helix, ARC PS8 and my tried and true P99

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive never run a dsp before, im asking if the said tuning app in the radio will be good enough or should i go external. and as far as dimming lights i was just stating instead of a cap i ran a 2nd battery

you never mentioned that in the original post about the HU dsp, and correct me if im wrong but in the picture you posted isnt there a cap(stinger) in that setup

OP
OP
T

Tom713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
you never mentioned that in the original post about the HU dsp, and correct me if im wrong but in the picture you posted isnt there a cap(stinger) in that setup

No that’s a stinger battery isolator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK GUYS GO OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I HAVE BEEN REVIEWING ALOT OF THE THREADS AND GATHERING IDEAS OF HOW I WANT TO DO MY SYSTEM, AS I WANT TO RUN A 12" JLW6 AND MY BOX CHOICES ARE LIMITED I WENT WITH NETAUDIO, I ALSO HAVE HAD MANY SYSTEMS OVER THE YEARS AND HATE HATE HATE LIGHT DIMMING, LACK OF POWER ( 12V POWER ) AND JUST ALL AROUND WANTED TO DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME, AND MAKE SURE IT WAS CLEAN.

SO AFTER REVIEWING THREADS I DECIDED TO MAKE A 3/4" MDF BACK WALL, I COULD OF LEFT IT SQUARE BUT DECIDED TO ROUTER THE EDGES MAKE IT LOOK CLEAN AND SPRAYED IT WITH BEDLINER/UNDERCOATING.

I MOUNTED ALL MY DISTRIBUTION BLOCKS, MY BATTERY ISOLATOR, AND THE SECOND BATTERY ON THE BOARD AS THE NETAUDIO BOX I ORDERED HAS THE AMP RACK BUILT IN TO IT

SYSTEM WILL BE A TOTAL OF 3 AMPS
- JL XD 600/1
- JL XD 400/4
- JL XD 200/2
- JL 12" W6V3
- JL C5 6.5" COMPONENTS FRONT DOORS
- JL C2 6X9 REAR DOOR
- INFINITY KAPPA 300M 3.5" MID-RANGE IN THE DASH

HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!!!!

I AM UNDECIDED IF I WANT TO RUN A DSP EITHER AN AUDISON OR JL TWK 88 OR SOMETHING ALONG THOS LINES

HERE IS MY FINISHED PHOTO OF THE RACK AND WIRING

ou2yao.jpg

What are the odds of getting a blueprint of that rack?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll make one up and post it later

Does it go across the whole wall or just one side?

Also thank you Id love to have it drawn out same the the hassle of pulling my truck apart. It’s my daily family car so it’s hard to leave apart

OP
OP
T

Tom713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does it go across the whole wall or just one side?

Also thank you Id love to have it drawn out same the the hassle of pulling my truck apart. It’s my daily family car so it’s hard to leave apart

It’s 3/4 of the back wall as I don’t need the other side