Dumb dent question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
It ain't a real truck if it ain't got a dent... amirite?

Okay, so I backed into a small tree awhile back (September-ish), and got a stupid dent right on the brow of the driver's side fender (it may be a bit hard to spot, but it is in the photo below, about mid-way over the wheel well, right where the fender bends towards the hood). As you can see (or maybe almost not see), it's pretty small, and no paint was apparently harmed. I got most of it un-dented with a stupid little suction cup.

So... for those who do the bodywork thing for a living (or know someone who does...) does a body shop exist that can un-f*ck that dent and pull it back out without a re-paint($$$), drilling/pulling/filling holes($$$!), or anysuch thing like that? I ask because said dent is right on a corner/crease of the fender, which makes it a bit complex.

Not a big deal (I can almost as easily leave it be), but I thought I'd ask anyhoo.

Gratzi in advance if you know. 1f642.png

tr0k-woods2.png

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Out here they are called painless dent removal. They should be able to tell before they start if they can fix it. Also, they fix it in your drive way., But not sure if the crease will be an issue or not.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes me and the local paint paintless dent repair guy have become best friends seeing as the parking lots at work are small and people are assholes. But yes I can tell you for him that would be an easy one and only cost 40 to 60 dollars here with him driving to you to fix it. Probably 20 to 30 min job depending on how much it takes him digging to get the rods to the back side of it.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would never price anyones else's job or product but yes a good PDR tech could perfectly repair that damage for a fraction of what a body shop would charge. The shop would have to disassemble, straighten, grind, fill, prime, block and paint / clear coat that panel. Plus your truck is red and that is one of the most expensive colors pigment wise that exist.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had one fixed at home that was very small but on my door. I love my Amp steps but when I had sliders door dings were never an issue.
I digress, guy came to house and repaired for $80.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
@Random_Walk, PDR guys are awesome. Many are artists. This guy came to my house with an assortment of tools. He saw the dents I called out, marked em then walked the entire truck with a lightkit. He found 3 others worth my attention (that I didn't notice until he called them out). We agreed on a price and away he went. 90 minutes later, straight lines no paint damage and all dents GONE. I was so impressed, I bumped him an extra $50. Money WELL spent.

PDR1.jpg

PDR2.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2252.jpeg

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too bad that doesn‘t work on my chrome bumper I was told....