Dumping solo exhaust, need quiet option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was one of the first to get the solo muffler swap for the 6.4, posted reviews/videos and all of that for them. It is a great sounding muffler (removal of the factory resonator was key) but it’s time for it to go. This is no longer the truck I drive and it is with one of my excavation crews hauling men and equipment (roughly 15000 lbs behind it plus a freighted bed) and it’s just too loud especial living with that load on it. I’d like to swap the muffler out for something much more subtle-any suggestions? No need to do a cat back swap or any of that just a muffler would be ideal. If anyone is in NH or feels like coming this direction they can have the muffler after it’s swapped, I do have another solo 3.5” in/out I’ll let someone have if they want it.
Thanks,
Matt

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Which model of Solo Muffler are you running now.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I had my 16 6.4 I installed the Magna flow cat back exhaust. The Drone was Horrible. I ran it with Manual mode so MDS would not activate. Installed the Mach 82 from Solo and the sound was so much better. Very smooth and deep sound. Easy install also. All that was needed was a short piece of pipe and an extra seal clamp. It is also Larger than the one you have.

OP
OP
F

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I had my 16 6.4 I installed the Magna flow cat back exhaust. The Drone was Horrible. I ran it with Manual mode so MDS would not activate. Installed the Mach 82 from Solo and the sound was so much better. Very smooth and deep sound. Easy install also. All that was needed was a short piece of pipe and an extra seal clamp. It is also Larger than the one you have.

How’s the volume with the new setup though? If I were running the truck still it would be less of a concern but given it’s “new life” I want to tone it down a lot..... this truck gets worked very hard and a lot of miles while doing so, which it did still when I ran it too but now that it has more than myself on board is why I need to make it more old man friendly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It was Somewhat louder than stock. My ears were sensitive to the loudness of the Magna Flow Muffler and drone. Everyone's ear is different for sure. I had a Resonator at the Rear on my exhaust also.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've got the borla s type and its pretty loud towing. Its a full size muffler and is pretty tame cruising and idling but is really loud when I get a heavy load or heavy on the pedal. So I would mark it off the list.

I bet the biggest longest magnaflow wouldn't be too bad.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I think I still have my stocker, and a big magna flow. I can measure the MF, its big but no number on it, dealership put it on and it was not really aggressive, I thought it pretty tame even tho it was a straight through style muffler, I had a MF muffler and resonator combo, even with headers and HF cats.
All that stuff is on the somewhat large size for sure, but if you're interested let me know. Ill weigh it and maybe freight wouldnt be too bad. Im in CO. I mighta cut a hanger off but aside from that the stock unit has less then 50 mi on it, and the aluminized finish looked perfect last time I saw it.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So I was one of the first to get the solo muffler swap for the 6.4, posted reviews/videos and all of that for them. It is a great sounding muffler (removal of the factory resonator was key) but it’s time for it to go. This is no longer the truck I drive and it is with one of my excavation crews hauling men and equipment (roughly 15000 lbs behind it plus a freighted bed) and it’s just too loud especial living with that load on it. I’d like to swap the muffler out for something much more subtle-any suggestions? No need to do a cat back swap or any of that just a muffler would be ideal. If anyone is in NH or feels like coming this direction they can have the muffler after it’s swapped, I do have another solo 3.5” in/out I’ll let someone have if they want it.
Thanks,
Matt

I do have the stock muffler, dang near brand new. Wanna trade your used solo on your truck for the stock muffler? We each pay shipping for what we are receiving, ya? Let me know, I'll pull a weight for that stock muffler and see who'd ship it reasonable cost.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode a AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................
3ba69e937ce72de4387bf896e18388ce.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye