E Torque noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lynn Lindsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 19 Rebel, only 3000 miles, I have a whining like noise that has been getting louder coming from the E torque on top of the motor, it is loud enough now to here over the radio when starting out from a stop and especially when starting up in the mornings. took into the dealer today and all I got was that it is normal on the E torque motors, I told them that I had driven other ones with the same motor and did not notice the noise, they said to bring it back when it gets worse. Just the normal BS run around. its just short of a high pitch wine at certain times now. I am sure I will be back soon.
Has anyone else seen this yet ?

BrazenHaven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with eTorque
There isn’t any high pitch noise on mine, so I would call BS. Do you have another dealer local you can get a second opinion? Just from that dealers answer and blowing you off I would do business elsewhere.

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel
N-Fab Epyx Bars, Bak Revolver X2, Mopar EVTS
Pro-tech bed liner, Flowmaster 40, Undercover Swing Case, Husky Mud Flaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m with Brazen on this. Mine is quiet. Almost 8,000 miles on mine. I say go back to the dealer and tell them you want it fixed. If they give you a problem walk right over to the general manager’s office and walk in.

I did that once and you wouldn’t believe the change in customer service (i.e. staff running to help me / keep me away from him).haha