Early Rambox lock Mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK... I'm New to the Forum. I'm a Retired Mechanic that Worked on Lots of Early Vehicles. But the New Addition to my Driveway is a 2011 Ram Crew with a Rambox Bed. The PO had said someone had tried to get into some Tools back there on the drivers side of the box and Jacked the escutcheon off the face of the lock....along with the Push Button and the interior of the Tumbler Asmb. The Latch itself still works....but i had to go on a mad Quest to Find a new lock Asmb. Seems there are several aftermarket Mopar Part Places that claim to SELL Them....but None that Actually have them to sell! I had to contact Real Chrys/Jeep Dealers across the Country to Find the Ones that Were left. Everyone was Quick to say that the Part (#68071072AA Mopar)...was on "National Back Order". Me,... NOT being willing to Accept that Answer..... Just Kept on Calling.... and Eventually found a Couple. Now...... 2011 & 2012 Rambox Lock's were Manual.... Which Works for Me. However.... The Existing Lock I have......has a Little Vinyl/Plastic "Button"...that Screws into the Actuator End of the Lock....and Releases the Latch inside the Box. Nobody anywhere seems to Know What P/N this is.... No Dealers,.... Google,....no Nothing in the Way of Information on this Little Part/ Granted.... I'm Guessing I can Fish a Vinyl/plastic screw from a decent Hardware Store somewhere. The Threads look to be bout a 6 or 8 Size but I haven't Checked it yet. More interesting to find out Why it is Not a Listed Part and does not come With the Lock. I suppose it could come with the Latch itself... but That Seems a Stretch. Anybody Got Any Ideas? Thankx! Jimez