Easy Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GORDONS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a notice in my truck to stop driving it, there's a recall for a brake clip. Naturally, not believing there was anything to worry about I drove to the dealer to pick up a battery for my Dakota then asked the svc dept guys what it was about. No kidding, the pushrod through the firewall is flat on the interior end and a drilled hole fits over a stud sticking out 90degrees from the upper part of the brake pedal and is retained by a flat clip. Turns out, a stretch of Rams made it out the door without those clips and it's a matter of time before the pedal disconnects from the pushrod and the brake pedal does nothing. The technician told me they'd had one on the lot pop its linkage. Easy enough for him to look and confirm mine was present and seated properly, it's a 2020 Warlock and I didn't ask which versions were affected---presumably you will get a notice if you've got one of them.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Well that's another epic fail. Didn't dodge rebrand to ram to remove the stigma of poor quality control? [emoji13] You'd think they would take that Alittle more seriously.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

GORDONS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tech said it was one guy responsible for the missing clips, no further details but I do wonder what they did to him as a result.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jesus, let's all pile on.

There was an extremely isolated group of trucks assembled in the window of a couple days, as I recall reading, that were affected.

The only way this was found was due diligence in checking the bill of materials and stock levels. The effort was made to alert customers and fix it. It could have easily been called a rounding error and there'd be no proof, but they fixed it and here you are ragging them about 'quality'.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

There was an extremely isolated group of trucks assembled in the window of a couple days, as I recall reading, that were affected.

The only way this was found was due diligence in checking the bill of materials and stock levels. The effort was made to alert customers and fix it. It could have easily been called a rounding error and there'd be no proof, but they fixed it and here you are ragging them about 'quality'.
Isn't that what forums are for?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

On one hand, its seriously impressive how well they can narrow down the affected VINs in a lot of these recalls. Ive seen others like this where they can say the very day or two of builds that were effected.

On the other hand, to think they could call a missing brake clip that could lead to accidents a "rounding error" is....scary.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine

Let's just say, eco diesel flamethrower, 5.7 hemi lifters, hemi exhaust manifolds and many others those are just the big ones... Just throwin that out there...

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well that's another epic fail. Didn't dodge rebrand to ram to remove the stigma of poor quality control?

My 2010 DODGE Ram (title & reg. both list it as "Dodge pickup") was built in Warren MI and has none of the issues later years built in Mexico/Canada have.
No lifter tap, no electric steering, no leaks, doesn't throw a fit if I swap bulbs to LED/HID, the 5spd trans hauls ass & doesn't need a surgical team to service, etc etc.
Maybe they should've left it as Dodge.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
My 2010 DODGE Ram (title & reg. both list it as "Dodge pickup") was built in Warren MI and has none of the issues later years built in Mexico/Canada have.
No lifter tap, no electric steering, no leaks, doesn't throw a fit if I swap bulbs to LED/HID, the 5spd trans hauls ass & doesn't need a surgical team to service, etc etc.
Maybe they should've left it as Dodge.
Yeah you got lucky with skipping most of the canbus stuff. I'm a fan of the older stuff. Own a 05 gmc Sierra and it's been the most reliable truck I've ever had wouldn't trade it for nothing. Look at ned chevs... Same thing technology isn't a great thing sometimes.

They are classified as dodge pickup to 2011 I Beleive then they rebranded.
I was also meaning dodge as a whole for the Qc issues not just trucks. The k car stigma still followed them around for years haha.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rebranded in last quarter of 2010 if I recall.
Some 10s say Ram, earlier ones like mine say Dodge.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
There's not a single manufacturer on the planet that doesn't have recalls. So no worries. I'm glad RAM at least does do recalls properly. Unlike Toyota that lies about them.

OP
OP
G

GORDONS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Are you saying that they reviewed parts inventory to find the error before anyone noticed? I would have thought the problem had to manifest itself first then they'd back-check the pipeline to find where and how it happened, and the extent of affected vehicles. If they found the problem before any of the trucks had popped its brake pedal, that is a very good system of checks although with today's automation it should be pretty easily designed and implemented whether on a daily, weekly, whatever periodicity of review.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Oddly enough, I'm the guy that checks pedals, ends and other mechanical linkages before accepting a vehicle when I purchase.

fulltimerart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that it pretty much the fact that when humans involved there are bound to be some errors-------especially on something as complicated and with so many parts as a motor vehicle. Just my 2 cent worth. Art

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you saying that they reviewed parts inventory to find the error before anyone noticed? I would have thought the problem had to manifest itself first then they'd back-check the pipeline to find where and how it happened, and the extent of affected vehicles. If they found the problem before any of the trucks had popped its brake pedal, that is a very good system of checks although with today's automation it should be pretty easily designed and implemented whether on a daily, weekly, whatever periodicity of review.

I'd bet that they ended up noticing an anomaly in the parts counts and went back through accountability to find when the parts were left off.